Living in Spain

Hi everyone

My wife and I are looking to buy in Spain (Murcia region) I am 64 and my wife is 61.  Could anyone that has lived or is living in Spain tell me about the healthcare and what it would cost for prescriptions etc.

thanks

Trevor

That depends on where you are from.  Will you be buying private insurance?   We found it to be very affordable for our family of 4 and most of our prescriptions are very inexpensive.  My hubby has blood pressure meds which are a couple of euros a month.  Antibiotics can vary from a few euros to 40, depending on the brand.  our copay is only about $6 or $10.  Anyway we use DKVSeguros and we have friends who have used Sanitas.  We have all of the info and details on our blog, just search for medical insurance, as I don't think I am allowed to place the link here.

Okay thanks I'll check that out, oh by the way I'm from the UK, have you lived in Spain long and are there any areas you would or wouldn't recommend, we last went to Murcia a long while ago

We are American, so we have to have private insurance.  Since you are from the UK, I think you can use the healthcare system. 

We have been in Costa Tropical (coast of Granada) since Aug 2102.   We have only visited Murcia area several times, so unfortunately I don't have any input on where to live.  It is nice though.   We are in Almunecar, about 1 hour from Granada and 1 hour from Malaga.  So a few hours from Murcia.  We wish you all of the best.

Thank-you