Renting a villa in Las Terrenas currently

Hi everyone,

I have been doing a bunch of reading throughout this forum over the last few days. Now I know that you don't find accommodations online in the DR, we are all set to get our boots on the ground to find a place when we get there.

However, we are currently in the planning phase and are attempting to make a realistic budget. Since online ads aren't representative of what we could expect once we get in town I'm wondering if anyone has any current rental rates for LT.

We have dogs so ideally we would like to rent a villa with a yard. Our wish list would be 2 bedroom, 1 or 2 bathrooms, and a pool.

Doesn't have to be walking distance to the beach although that would be nice. Would be more important to be able to walk to restaurants/shops.

If anyone has any information for us it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Greg

You're probably looking at anywhere from 15,000 RD per month to 30,000 RD depending on how important everything on your "wish list" is. But, again - boots on the ground will get you the best deals.

You may not be walking distance to many shops, but there is always a colmado close by, and you can also call for delivery for 10 pesos or so.

Planner will likely have some better information for you, as she's the resident expert on Puerto Plata and has a lot of great tips!

Thanks.  Las Terrenas  is quite  a ways from me,. I am not up to date on current rental rates there. 

BUT,  I can tell you that it will range from  very reasonable to ridiculous.  Prices are all over the place as is what you are getting for that. It is so hard to judge. 

Let's hope one of our people in that area can help you out!

Your welcome to contact any of the over a dozen real estate agencies in Las Terrenas. Most have websites listing there contact information in order to call or email for information.

Discounts can be found if renting for a month or more. You can also get a feel of whats available in Airbnb.