Tourist visa to US okay if married in Brazil?

Hi all! My Brazilian husband and I are traveling to the US. This will be his first time traveling to the US or applying for a visa. Since we are not looking to move to the US or establish his residency there, a lawyer advised that he just get a tourist visa. However, in the visa interview I'm sure they are going to know we are married and in that case, I'm worried they are going to require him to get another (K-3?) visa.

Has anyone had a Brazilian spouse apply for a tourist visa to travel to the US?
If so, what is the interview like (other than typical visa interview stuff)? Anything to look out for?
If they don't already know we are married, is it better to not say?

Thanks in advance for your help!

It is best to answer all questions truthfully.  I doubt that they will have a problem that you are married. If they ask you should answer truthfully.  As far as questions. They will ask your purpose and you can just reply it is for tourism. you should have no problems.

Good Luck
Jim

Thanks Jim!

I suggest you show up with your full "TOURISM" schedule and if you have hotel reservations or Disney World tickets, that will be better proof that you are tourist.

Most USA consulate people are reasonable if you are fully honest based on MY experience.

The USA love people from Brasil because they tend to spend a lot of money and then go back to Brasil.   To my knowledge, there have been no bombers, etc. from Brasil.

Boa sorte!!!!!

Thanks!