Back to France with a 4x4 trip

Hello to everyone,

I have been living now for about 2 years in Riyadh and I am preparing my final exit in the most adventurous way possible. I am considering to come back to Paris with a 4x4, at the end of april. I am planning to go through Jordan-Syria-Lebanon-Syria-Turkey-Bulgaria-Greece-Albania-Montenegro-Bosnia-Croatia-Slovenia-Italy France.

I have the car the GPS and the adventurous spirit but I think it is not sensible to do it with only 1 car. I would like to know if some other people with a car would be interested to make the trip. In that case I would be very happy to get in touch to organise things.

Hope to hear from as many people as possible!

In the most countries u mentoned above in ur list, people r protesting and on the roads, u may want to rethink about the root and road map. Just a thought. :)

Great idea, I was thinking of returning home by road too some day even though I have not even arrived in KSA yet :)
What type of 4x4 will you be driving ?
You will certainly be going through a few hot spots en route to France.
I look forward to hearing more about this epic journey.
Bon chance !

My wife and I did think of buying a bike and riding it here from the UK.
Good luck.

Now that would be one hellava road trip and a great story as well!

Hi and thanks for all the supporting messages.

I appreciate some countries are not the most friendly, especially at the moment: I am thinking about Lebanon, maybe turkey albania and Serbia, but I think that with a minimum of commonsense (avoiding camping in those places areas and use secure hotels, there shouldn't be any danger) However, I was told that Syria and Jordan are pretty safe, I would also appreciate advice on those areas.

I plan to drive an oldish type car (cheaper, easier to maintain,  and more fun) like an old suburban or nissan Patrol from the 90's which are reasonnably cheap. I already have 2 cars available but I will not buy one before I am sure I find one or more travel companion with a car. I had a friend from the UK who was about to come with me with a car, but he cannot do it anymore, this is why I look for a friendly replacement.

I am sure there will be amazing stories to tell if that trip happens!

david@riyadh wrote:

... the most adventurous way possible....!

Then you have to go alone and must visit egypt and tunusia. GPS? for what??

Trully adventourous indeed :D. Don't forget to bring your dslr camera and lots of hard disc space for your videocam. You should document this so that you will never forget this experience....good luck.