Taking IELTS Tomorrow

Hi everyone. I am going to take my IELTS listening, reading, and writing test tomorrow. If anyone else is too, we can all share tips and strategies together here. Best of luck!

It's probably similar to my IGCSE English exam.
Here are some of my tips

Listening
Make sure to listen properly and not ponder about the previous question if you get it wrong that is.

Reading
Do not waste too much time reading, skim reading is your friend and you can always refer back.

Writing
Good luck, get creative but not too creative

Thank you very much for the comment. I'll be sure not to linger on questions and waste time.

Best of luck! I know its too late to respond. I will take the Ielts exam too this thursday.

wish you all the best

Took it and did really well on academic. If you need any help ladies and gents, feel free to message me.

Thank you Sharif, Siopao and Ommar. I wish you all the best of luck too.

Your welcome.

What was your questions in speaking and writing? I am taking also academic module.

What's is the fee? And which is the exam centre in Riyadh? My selfand my wife also need to give examination in general category?.we are scared . Any tips?

Speaking was about dreams, robots and the future, and weathers and seasons.

Writing was three pie charts about Proportions of holiday makers in a certain area and

Nowadays, we use things and throw them away but in the past we used to repair things and reuse them. What is the reason for this?
What effect will that have on the future?

I can't remember the exact wording for it. Sorry.

My module is academic as well. If you need any help, message me please.

The British Council in DQ is where you need to go to take IELTS in Riyadh.

For the General English Module you need to write a letter and a general topic essay. As for the listening, it is the same for both Academic and General English. For the reading, GE is much easier than Academic, so you have nothing to worry about. There are many IELTS tips on youtube. I will be glad to assist you with anything else you need.

Thank you wassim

Welcome. :)

could you please tell me if there is anyone whom i may have english speaking session, so that i would be able to improve my communication skills?  Regards

Hi Coollearner, I would like to help you if you like. Send me a private message.

how can u help me?  please elaborate

If you are looking for somebody to chat with, I'll be glad to. If you need a teacher, I will be glad to teach you as well.

how to send private msg?

You click on that person's name and then click send a message.

Thank you.

bigakli wrote:

Took it and did really well on academic. If you need any help ladies and gents, feel free to message me.

What is your score

Thank God I received a score of 8.

wes_k wrote:

Thank God I received a score of 8.

Great..Congrates

Thats a high Score. Well done.  I would like to ask you how long did you prepare before giving IELTS exam ? Did you attend any tuition with an expert to achieve this result? And was this the first attempt or after multiple attempts? Please refer me some usefull links you used to prepare for IELTS.

I am worried and still hesitate/scare giving the exam in General category? Please advise.

Regards

Kaleem

Thank you Javedakb & Kaleemimran.

I didn't attend any tuition but I am lucky to have a good background in English in the first place. I am self-taught and I had to struggle a lot to achieve mastery of the language.

Honestly, I went to the website they provide to train for the test. Although it helps a lot, I still feel that they don't score accurately. I am sure they round down numbers in order to make it a clean score. For example, I am 100% positive that I scored higher than what they gave me on writing; however, they rounded down the number so that  I don't get fractions on my final score. The same thing is with speaking. I am really articulate, in fact I give training to people on effective communication! It didn't make any sense at all!

You can always find resources online and on YouTube and training is a good option if the trainer helps your improve and work on your mistakes.

I wish you all the best guys. I am sure you will do great!

Oh wow! Congratulations. Good job 👍

Siopao wrote:

Oh wow! Congratulations. Good job 👍

Thank you Siopao, I wish you the best as well.

i appeared for the GEN training module yesterday and i feel i did very well..My speaking test was on 3rd march and it went well too...Iam now awaiting my results in 13 days time..hope for the best... will share the result once i have it :)

All the best for all who are appearing in the coming days... This is my second time and the first time i had 7.5. hope to break that this time..

Thaks for sharing your examination details. May I know what your learning resources were? I mean internet based or did you appoint a tutor? And how long was your preparation before the examination? I am still not confident and little hesitant to attempt the general module. Please help me boosting my self-confidence.

Please share.

Regards

KaleemImran

hi Kaleem... i had no preparations whatsoever.. just out of my knowledge of english and the courage to appear.. thats what all it takes...you should register for the exams and take the course material from ietls which comes free once you register and go ahead and give your best shot..

Iam sure you are good in english.

Thank for your reply and helping me to boost my confidence. I would like to know If you are a native english speaker?  you scored really well. IN my case I am not a native English speaker. I use English in my Job thats it (to write basic emails etc). I need 7.5 in General category and my wife needs 5 -6 band and we will be good to submit our Canada immigration. My application is held up from longtime due pending IELTS.

How much time did you get before the exam to prepare? Is your mother tongue English?

Regards

Kaleem

kaleemimran wrote:

Thank for your reply and helping me to boost my confidence. I would like to know If you are a native english speaker?  you scored really well. IN my case I am not a native English speaker. I use English in my Job thats it (to write basic emails etc). I need 7.5 in General category and my wife needs 5 -6 band and we will be good to submit our Canada immigration. My application is held up from longtime due pending IELTS.

How much time did you get before the exam to prepare? Is your mother tongue English?

Regards

Kaleem

Dear Kaleem,
    I am not an English Native Speaker. In fact, I am a self-taught person. I learned from TV and radio. It took me years of hard work and mistakes to achieve this band. I think you can achieve it. I will be glad to assist you if you need anything. Please PM me whenever you feel like it.

Rainmaker. I wish you the best as well my friend. I believe we all can achieve what we aim for with hard work and perseverance. I used the IELTS resources they gave me and I have experience with the test due to work experience in the field. I wish you the best always.

Thank you WES. It helps me.

Regards

Kaleem

Hi all, I already have the result of my test and unfortunately, I didnt achieve my target scores. I got 8.5 listening then 6.5 in reading, writing and speaking.  I know I need to work more to reach my desired scores. It's my first take here in Riyadh. So better luck to me next time.

Siopao wrote:

Hi all, I already have the result of my test and unfortunately, I didnt achieve my target scores. I got 8.5 listening then 6.5 in reading, writing and speaking.  I know I need to work more to reach my desired scores. It's my first take here in Riyadh. So better luck to me next time.

Don't worry at all. Just look for the reasons why lost points in reading, writing and speaking. Is it like, you felt exhausted after listening and couldn't focus well in other 3 sections?

- Reading is low-hanging fruit. A bit of planning and you can score 8 to 8.5
- Writing needs good planning. Scoring 6.5+ is a little tough though
- The only way to improve speaking is through practice

Better luck next time!!!

Siopao wrote:

That's actually not bad. I agree with TheLegendLeads. I am sure with more practice you will do great. It is amazing that you got 8.5 on Listening! Some people dream about that score. Good luck in the future.

Thanks for your comments and advice TheLegendLeads and wes_k. I appreciate them all. I am planning to sit for ielts again this May.

Hello guys I need little help related to IELTS examination, let me know if someone is willing so that I can send DM

Thanks

Folks - Do anyone experience the UKVI format of IELTS?.

Are you taking your exam online?