Looking for a Recomendation

Hello all,

I looking to get a TV about 46-50 inches, can anyone recommend a good place to go and a general idea on average cost, I would be looking in the Sosua, Puertp Plata area

cheers

We will need more info. Smart tv? Hd? Ultra hd etc etc. 

Do you want a name brand?

Let us know and then we will tell you to go to Santiago for much better deals! With details we can give you ideas of where and prices.

yes good point, forgot that.... LED, smart TV, HD does not need to be name brand

thx

If you are in the Santiago area you will find a large array of options in the following places:

PriceSmart
Corripio
Plaza Lama

There is also a Corripio in Puerto Plata.
Also look at la Sirena in PP as they many times have large TVs on sale.

Bob K

Greetings!  I just bought a 55 inch Samsung Smart TV at Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo and it is pretty awesome!  Paid $55,000 or thereabouts in pesos dominicanos.  This is by far the nicest tv I've ever had so the size, picture, and smart tv capabilities all blow my mind.  Good luck in your search!

I'm glad you found what you were looking for lalamanix. The Plaza Lama on the corner February 27 Avenue and Winston Churchill in Santo Domingo has a big selection and competitive prices. My Santo Domingo office is near there.

There are two Plaza Lama stores in Santiago as well.

thx all,

Thank you abreuimmigration!  Yes, that is the Plaza Lama where I purchased just about everything for my new apartment.  It is great.  I hope to call you before the weekend, or early next week to ask a few questions.  Have a great day!

Wow that works out to over $1150 US.  Yesterday I was in a large store here in San Antonio Tx (we are on vacation) and saw a 60 inch LG smart led TV for $788 US.
Makes me shake my head

Bob K

Yup   nice tv,  but expensive. As are almost all electronics here.  We tend to be behind the times just a bit and lot more expensive.  Such is life in Paradise.....

La Sirena is currently  giving out a  25% off coupon when you have paid for your grocery order,  good for  Samsung and some other brand TV and Air Conditioners.  Only  good until  Feb 13.  You can have my coupon......LOL