Following fashion in Belize

Hi everyone,

Do you follow fashion trends in Belize? Every country and every culture has its own dress code. As far as you are concerned, have you changed the way you dress?

Can one easily find fashion boutiques in Belize? Are clothes expensive there? Or cheap?

What do Belizians usually wear or like to wear the most?

Share your experience!

Priscilla

Is anyone else getting emails on topics, and when you look no new replies have been made???
This is the second one today...

Will The Old wrote:

Is anyone else getting emails on topics, and when you look no new replies have been made???

I haven't experienced that. This is the first notification for this thread that I have received since the original post.

But while I'm here I could respond to the original post by saying. Fashion is not really my thing. My biggest fashion decision is with shorts and tank tops. Do I go sandals on or sandals off?  lol.

I often find this forum goes quiet for a few days at a time. Think that is why Pricilla throws in these questions from time to time hoping to start some sort of conversation. This subject I think is not really likely to be that well replied to as most expats are not that into 'fashion' just to dressing as appropriate for the days events. The Young locals in  Belize tend to cherry pick what they like from the US and  the Caribbean, as seen on TV, movies, and internet.

Edited for typo' corrections

I find most belizeans put a lot of effort into looking really nice for special occasions, but it's no big thing to go out really casual, and particular styles vary a lot. Almost all body types are appreciated, which is really nice. Belizeans are also really particular about clean bodies and clothes. You'll notice most belizeans have a towel or washcloth all the time. Super cool tip I saw the other day for those with kids who've noticed how dirty their ears get: a little lotion on the ear makes it way easier to just rub that out with a towel.

Sorry Priscilla, looks like you are looking for topics for the forum. I don,t think anyone cares about fashion given the majority of people here are retirees.

mangoman wrote:

Sorry Priscilla, looks like you are looking for topics for the forum. I don,t think anyone cares about fashion given the majority of people here are retirees.

and mostly, the dress code in Belize is tank top and shorts with or without flip flops.  :cool::D

Will The Old wrote:

Emails from whom?

sloputtputt wrote:
Will The Old wrote:

Emails from whom?

Automated notifications from expat.com. But it's old news now, has not reoccurred, guess the site got it fixed.

I haven't received any...very odd.