Close

CYPRUS RESIDENCE

Hi
Due to Brexit im planing to go cyprus to get register there before its too late :lol:
whats the documents requirement for Residence.
Not have any plans to live or work there,
To be honest just securing myself for future entry or living in cyprus.
Thanks

it wont necessarily make any difference to you

For residency  - Main documents

Rental Lease or purchase agreement of home

Healthcare entitlement (not ehic) this is usually an S1 if on state pension or if working then making 3yrs payments into the cypriot system or private healthcare

Proof of income and potentially savings so as not to be a burden on the republic

A valid EU Passport

€20 fee

But if you are trying to secure citizenship in the EU member state of the republic then thats much more difficult and can take many years to achieve.

Im just after a Yellow Slip

Hi everybody,
I have been trying to find out requirement for long term residency and possibly permanent resident as a US citizen retiring in Cyprus.

Thank you very much,
Paul

this may help you

http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-residen … ments.html

Thank you very much Toon.
That was very helpful and seems straight forward.
So there is no deposits in Cyprus banks or anything ? SSA has a printout confirmation on their website
for proof of SSB . Is that sufficient or accepted as proof to them ?
I live in Thailand now and will be here until Aug/Sep before heading to Cyprus (Hope they don't change the requirements before than)
Hope you don't mind me asking you about Cyprus the next few months? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about the place and I have a lot of questions.
Thank you again,
Paul

i think you will find that there are financial thresholds per person and then per dependent  on those pages - -but theyre not very high.... = much depends on nationality and as long as you can prove you can support yourself in so far as not to become a burden on the republic - same goes for healthcare you need to prove you have adequate healthcare cover too

Expatriate health insurance in Cyprus

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cyprus

Moving to Cyprus

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cyprus

Travel insurance in Cyprus

Enjoy stress-free travel to Cyprus