Looking for a visit visa to meet inlaws

Hi
i am married to a German national. we got married in Pakistan in 2014. since then we are living together in pakistan. my wife visits her parents every year for a couple of months. we have decided to permanently live in pakistan. but i want to visit germany for a month or so to meet my inlaws and also to visit some places. i want to know what visa shud i apply. and would it help in getting visa that my wife is german national?

As a spouse of a German, you are entitled to a residence visa. Apply for it at the German embassy!

Can u plz tell all the requirements? Actually neither me nor my in laws are very well established so they cant sponsor me. What are the alternatives? I don't want to reside there permanently.

Sorry, I only know the requirements of a residency visa for foreign spouses of German citizens. For short-term visit visa, I guess it depends on your nationality - ask the German embassy!

Kindly tell me the requirements for residence visa

The residence visa for following foreign spouses of German citizens is called family reunion visa and the only requirement is basic German language skills (see https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/DE/Info … ?nn=350374). But I heard that in many cases they ask for proof of sufficient living space and financial resources (to make sure you won't become a burden to the state. You also need German health insurance, but that can be signed up for when you arrive.

chillfactor wrote:

Hi
i am married to a German national. we got married in Pakistan in 2014. since then we are living together in pakistan. my wife visits her parents every year for a couple of months. we have decided to permanently live in pakistan. but i want to visit germany for a month or so to meet my inlaws and also to visit some places. i want to know what visa I should apply. and would it help in getting visa that my wife is german national?

Being married to a German then it should be pretty straight forward to get a visa. Yet just to visit should be different than going to reside in Germany, for which you would also have to prove some proficiency in German. I would assume a tourist visa is needed and under the circumstances easy to get.

There is a website from the German office that deals with such things - also in English. I did NOT find your specific situation mentioned but one can contact them and ask. This should be free and simply done.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/sid_AB6 … ?nn=480902