I have Welsh Ancestry, looking to move to Wales.

Hello,

My name is Dave, and my great grandfather is from Colwyn Bay, and I have other ancestors from Abergele as well. My great grandfather immigrated to the USA and I remember my great grandparents living with my grandparents when I was a young child.

My family name on my grandmother's side is Davies, and I have traced my ancestral roots back to the early 1800's so far. My grandfather's family name is Bithell, and they were from Stratford on Avon, England.
I am looking to learn even more about my ancestors, but I am also looking for more info about moving to Wales from the USA.

Any help with the steps I need to take for moving to Wales from the USA would be greatly appreciated. Currently, I am employed in the USA, and have my Real Estate license, and I have thought about working as a Real Estate Agent in Wales, but I am open to other job considerations as well.

Thanks!!

Hey Dave,

You have done well to get where you are now finding more about your ancestors. Davies is a very common name in Wales, so good on you for going back so much.

Have you had a look at Birth, Marriage & Death in North Wales to find more information?

The same for Stratford upon Avon here.

As for work, you might have to search Estate Agent jobs in Wales and see what openings there are, you might have to get the company to sponsor you for a visa. But they will be better equipped to inform you on any process you need to take.

Good luck in your searches both Wales & Warwickshire are beautiful places.

Simon