Do you speak Turkmen?

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Turkmen is essential for a successful integration in Turkmenistan. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Turkmen? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Turkmenistan?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Turkmens?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi

My name is Dovlet. I from Turkmenistan. And turkmen language my native language. Why you want to learn turkmen language?

Hi Davletgm,

Priscilla  forms part of the Expat.Com Team and this thread has been launched so that members can share their experience on the few questions asked.

If you want to provide your feedbacks, feel free, it could help members.

All the best,
Bhavna

I speak Turkmen however if you speak Russian is good enough as Russian is like as second language spoken by locals in Turkmenistan.

Yes, Russian had been also official language of Turkmenistan before and even after independence of Turkmenistan in 1991. But know there are 5% Russians who also speak Turkmen. It is better to learn Turkmen as a first priority and if you understand Russian that will make you able to talk almost 100% population.

Hi Priscilla, yes im turkmen and I spleak turkmen.

I agree majority of Turkmen people speak Turkmen. Russian is second language mostly undetstood in Turkmenistan. English is not so common.

Dear Dovlet.

Thanks for the participation. You are Turkmen and Turkmen is your language. Everbody has his own language.

Sometimes people like to learn a second language. Some people learn more than two languagrs. If someone likes to live in your great country then he must learn Turkmen langue so that he can communicate with other persons.

Regards
Khalid Parvez Lahore Pakistan

Hi Nanoo Kali. Whete are you from ?