School enrollment procedure in Frankfurt

Hi  All,
         I have recently moved in in Frankfurt, I have two kids of ages 10 & 6, planning to enroll them in public schools in Frankfurt, whom do i need to contact regarding this ? and it would be better if someone can share the information about schools here.

Thanks in advance.

Just contact the public school nearest to where you live.
(If you don't know, ask the neighbours or google.)
If your kids have special needs, contact the Schulamt (School Authority) of Frankfurt.

Many Thanks beppi, will do that.

we are moving to frankfurt end of April my son turns six end of August. What do i need to do to enroll him in a public school? And does he need to know German?

@hartwigcharlene91 Schholing is compulsory in Germany fom six years onwards, so you will have to put your kid into school with beginning of the next tem (i.e. in autumn).

You should contact your local "Schulamt" (school authority) to arrange things and get advice on which school is most suitable for him.

Of course all schools (with the exception of a few private international schools) teach in German. For first graders, this is usually no problem and they will catch up with their local peers within a few months (plus a bit of support by their family and environment). For older ones, some schools offer preparatory classes ("Förderklasse") meant to bring foreign students up to speead, not only in the language, in order to join normal classes later on.