Culture of lazy crooks

I have lived full time in PR for two years and I have not read this forum since before I moved. I came for one reason (tax incentive that the govt has all but renegged on). I had three years of Spanish in school many years ago and most who know me say I am a resourceful survivor. My headline above fairly depicts people here.  I am not alone in this characterization, as I am always out and I speak with everyone from everywhere. My advice is that the economic depression has not even begun to effect draconian impact that is yet to come. A simple example is their flagrant disregard for right of way, maintenance in all forms, stop signs, red lights, parking signs, noise, nuisance and litter, hygene ala toilets, and bait and switch advertising.  A native (as do most) complained about the Dominicans as lazy and stupid but from what I see Ricans are full of themselves. They think they are smart (not to do work and follow rules) while  Americans are easy marks (sheep to be shorn). If your kids like it, it's probably because they are high on pot, which maybe part of the carelessness. If you buy a house, be sure to have lots of reglas and older neighbors who might not steal everything because it might require some work. Live in a high elevation to save on electric (really expensive and unreliable). The drug adled thieves and baby mommas ten to stay near coastal cities to prey on tourism, welfare and las playas,  livin LA Vida Loca.

buckmaker,
  Really? There's no intelligent sensible response to your narrowed minded remarks, other than to say, stay out the sun, go to rehab and search for another local to get over on tax breaks.  You need to self check yourself before judging others. Get Help.. jose

There about 7,346,235,000 people on this planet and we will get different perspectives of every situation. All are valid from each perspective irregardless to how they come to that perspective.
When a country has been invaded and used as a labor commodity for hundreds of years and then invaded again and have your source of income taken away as in the case of agriculture and then handed compensation called Federal aid as a replacement and compound this for generations there will be side effects. To place a judgement on a group of people or country  based on principals or standards from the place where part of the problem originated is a bit biased I would say. I lived in a third world country so I would say from that perspective Puerto Rico is a very easy place to live.  To be aware of the challenges is always prudent. To know the areas where a person has to be careful is always wise. I find Puerto Rico to be very transparent in seeing the challenges one will have to walk with. Living in an orderly fascist type disciplined order where everyone is captured on security cameras is not my idea of civility. Being part of the community is very important and contributing to a community is a requirement I would say. Sure I have been robbed in the States and in Puerto Rico. Both places at the same time when I was traveling. It can happen anywhere when you live with common people who do not have the desire or fortune to live in a walled city. I will take the realness of life in all its ups and downs than a protected reality based on fear and protection and in my opinion over priced.  What  has to be paid is not worth the supposed value of what a person gains in my opinion. I just might have to sacrifice my creativity to conform to this standard. This is just one perspective of the billions available. In reality I would rather hear someone's experience of life on life's terms than a rant based on behavioral and conditional  judgments. Just sayin

Thanks for proving my points. The intelligent response is none my experience is mine, not yours. Your childish belittling of a messenger, will not change the message. It shows you are full of yourself, as stated. Obviously, you are not an ex pat but one of whom I speak of, trying to do just what I said. I will happily stay out of your filthy restaurants and restrooms if you promise to quit pretending to be a psychotherapist, like my ex-wife, now RE agent. BTW, cops are supposed to only turn lights on, in pursuit, not (at all times like here) to warn their companeros to pack up the loot.

Messenger? no compendo!

Civilized people agree with me.

Whew! way over my head

I believe you are bitter and have gone thru experiences in life that are different from those of some of our members.

Why are you still there, in a place that makes you so miserable it is beyond comprehension. Maybe you should consider packing your bags and heading to civilization?

I do want to clarify that your point of view is valid for you but that does not means that your point of view is correct or fair, assuming that anyone with a point of view different than your is wrong, in my opinion is narrow minded, not that you care what anyone else's opinion is.

Every person opinion is tainted by how we look at our world and how we were brought up.

I will no longer discuss this subject it is not likely to change how you view the people and the island.

To me, it's now even worth a reply.

to the OP... you sound like another arrogant American to me... basically get off your high horse and move your ass back to the states... seems like you moved to PR to take advantage of a broken system... my opinion from reading your post... never met you but first impressions say alot... and what it says to me is that you are an ass... if you are so well educated and well traveled I'm sure you know how to find your way elsewhere...

What adlin20 said..

Buckmaker,
I couldn't disagree with you more. But you have my deepest sympathies, as I'm sure you find the same type of people wherever you go.
Joy

Two weeks ago, I was told by a credible source about a massacre of Anglos in el campo that police hushed up so it is hearsay but the lawlessness is more than apparent. My observations are not just true but easily verified by several notorious facts that none of the Ricans who protest can factually dispute. Last year, 90,000 of you left to live in the States, a number that has steadily increased for years. You sold debt/bonds that you are welching on (many call that fraud [the legal term/crime] for which the perpetrators are called, as I do: crooks). As for lazy ( & inconsiderate at best)  all anyone need do is look at any parking lot with cars parked in no parking zones and at the end of the day, litter strewn everywhere. I did not cause everyone to imprison themselves with burglar bars and any fool knows cops should catch not warn bad guys. Ergo all this is a culture, by any honest standard. Because you wish to fleece my fellow Gringos, I think I will stay and drain this swamp instead. Or, as Ricans also hate Cubans, I could imvest there and let you eat each other when you can't buy and will not work to grow food (86% is imported). I foresee the only ones who stay will be old folk on Social Security, and illiterate grandkids, who steal from them.

With such attitude It is a miracle you have not been taken around the back and show how to respect others and where to stick your opinion. You been lucky, keep pushing and somebody will likely take you on sooner or later. Try that in Cuba, let's see what the goverment does when you tell them they are crooks and that obviously you are the only honest man in the country.

LoL, you are a piece of work... you move to a place that has a different culture only to exploit the circumstances and then you complain about the culture you moved into... LoL you mentioned "drain the swamp"... of course... should've known... just curious.. what are YOU "buckmaker" doing to help the island or the people here...or are you just here to take what you can and not give back? Guess I shouldn't feed the trolls but seemingly entitled people like you really get under my skin... next you'll be hollering burn'em all, lets put'em in FEMA camps, and clean drinking water should be privatized...

"I am highly educated and well traveled. Moved to PR due to incentives, weather and turnaround opportunities." - buckmaker

Ahhhhh so you ARE nothing more than a leech... ok we get it now... nice... carry on.

Hi everybody,

Please note that this thread is going too far. :(
There are too many generalized comments that are actually hurting our members, therefore we are immediately closing this thread.

Also note that this topic will be removed from the forum later on.

Thanks all for your understanding,

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed