Finding a Steuerberater(in)

Good evening dear all,

first of all ein frohes neues Jahr!  :)
I would like some links for finding an association like "mieter helfen mietern" for tax advices regarding European citizens or even a privat company that offers that kind of services. 

Thank you in advance,
M.P.

Hi MP, in contrast to other countries, you will find that the tax advisors in Germany seldomly find all the tax benefits that you are entitled to.

So they are quite conservative with the savings they can find for you as a natural person (ie not a company)- mainly  because their registration as tax advisor can be revoked.(or do you also have a gewerbe?). Bottomline they are more loyal to the tax office because grey zones affects them personally.

I've found that it helps to learn the German Tax system yourself - and then simply hint these potential  savings - one by one - to your Steuerberater. He/She would normally adress it in your tax form.

The easiest way to start is to buy tax sofware (starting with a letter "W", which has a step by step guide to aid you through). You can then fill it in and compare it with your tax advisor claim and have some questions ready for the next round in the next year.

Aloha nochmal,

Hmmm to be more clear..
i have full time contract and i want to start a small cleaning business with only one employee (me)! 
I already know that i need Polizeiliches Führungszeugnis and Gewerbeschein so..i would like to know which are the tax levels.  :/:unsure

Cheers,
M.P.

By law, there are no associations giving tax advice for freelancers and self-employed (only for employees, and even there with limitations). You need to look for a regular tax consultant (Steuerberater). Their fees are fixed (also by law), so they all cost the same, but the quality may vary - especially when it comes to anything foreign.