Heeeeeelllppp!! I need to move to a compound!

Hi

I have been living in Riyad in rented accomodation for the last 6 months...am now v v bored and need some social interaction...the wife more so!!!

I am from London and work in Fin Services .  I am looking to move to any sort of compound preferably to a 2 bed  place. I have called most of the compounds and been told there is a waiting list etc..Does anyone out there know how i should be going about finding accomodation? or knows someone leaving their compound soon from whom I could take over the lease?

Please please please help!!!!!!

Thanks v much for your time..

regards
A

find one from this. hope this helps ==> riyadhciti.com/2009/02/the-ultimate-list-of-compounds-in-riyadh/

expatrealty.com/expat/

These guys usually have something.

I am leaving a compound, 2-bed, BUT in Al-Khobar Area.....

Thanks...where exactly is al khobar? and what copound is it?

Hi arslanh,

Have you tried asking at your company as they sometimes rent some accomodation on compounds. If not, they might have some contacts who can help you.

I'm new to Riyhad and looking for people to go out with for lunch or coffee. I'm free during school hours if your wife would like to meet up.

many thanks all.....am still looking..my company aren't helping at all...am trying to source an introduction via expat employees..but there is a massive waiting list...

cheers funkydeliguy/ nelson for the link..much appreciated..thanks jstephen for the offer...but i work near saudi post office and have been told al khobar is waayy to far....thanks for the offer anyway..

bouncing tigger: welcome to the magic kingdom! my wife is currently looking for work..but i will ask her if she can meet up with you and will email you separately...

please keep thinking of me if you do find a vacancy at a decent compound..!

thanks again!

regards

bouncing_tigger wrote:

I'm new to Riyhad and looking for people to go out with for lunch or coffee. I'm free during school hours if your wife would like to meet up.

Ok, I have free time during school hours as well! So, just let me know when woudl you like to meet up.
Regards,

Hey ..

what is your budget for the 2 bedroom unit ? i have done some compound hunting myself lately and maybe my experience can be useful for you ..

Generally to bypass the waiting list, if you really like the unit is to have your company HR talk to the admin, and put down a deposit. But this work mostly for studio and one bedroom apartment, but is worth a try.