Finding an NGO/developmental job in Dhaka

Hi everyone!

I have just spent the past three months in Bangladesh working with the YMCA on awareness raising on topics such as early marriage, Eve teasing, domestic abuse, sexual health, mental health etc

I feel so passionately about this country that I am trying my hardest to come back and start a career in Bangladesh hopefully with an NGO job or developmental job.

I have just recently graduated university with a degree in criminology but I am finding it very difficult to find jobs. I am also looking for a job where they will help me when I first come over to Bangladesh.....especially with finding a safe place to live.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could be looking for work?

Thank you!
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Nice to see you at this blog. I think you can go to below site and find UN project jobs.

https://unjobs.org/duty_stations/bangladesh

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Naser

Hi! I appreciate your compassion and wish to assist. It is really nice of you to do so. You could take up the help of local people but since you are now not in Bangladesh this would be difficult. Going via agencies would be costly with risk of not getting a job or landing in some trouble if the agencies are not genuine ones. If I was in your position, I would go for checking online for jobs. There are many websites available, some old and some new. If you go for new ones, there could be better chances since not many people would have looked or applied for those jobs. chakrirbarta.com/ is an upcoming portal for such jobs and it could also guide you further about job-hunting. They provide career tips or job-hunting assistance. You could visit it and try to procure a job. Best of luck! Hope you find one soon. Since you have such a helpful wish, definitely you would one job to your liking soon. Shahid

Hi! I appreciate your compassion and wish to assist. It is really nice of you to do so. You could take up the help of local people but since you are now not in Bangladesh this would be difficult. Going via agencies would be costly with risk of not getting a job or landing in some trouble if the agencies are not genuine ones. If I was in your position, I would go for checking online for jobs. There are many websites available, some old and some new. If you go for new ones, there could be better chances since not many people would have looked or applied for those jobs. www.chakrirbarta.com/ is an upcoming portal for such jobs and it could also guide you further about job-hunting. They provide career tips or job-hunting assistance. You could visit it and try to procure a job. Best of luck! Hope you find one soon. Since you have such a helpful wish, definitely you would one job to your liking soon. Shahid

Hi Sarah,

You may consider   chakrirbarta.com/  where you can explore thousands of  updated jobs posted on the site and you can communicate directly with hiring managers and recruiters. Most of the leading employers of Bangladesh are already using ChakrirBarta.com. So why not try your luck there :-)

Have a nice day!
Cecil

I would be coming to Dhaka for a different project, "Nokshi Khatha" hand craft. Couldn't find any luck with supporting partners,  so decided to explore myself. Perhaps would find interested woman in "Jassore" area to work with me, produce some entrepreneurs who are good at stitching fashion for the world.   Let me know with your project, I am contemplating; it would be hot and full of stream of traffic. No beaches or swimming pools and even cold beers. Hope entrepreneurships are worth it.  iimon.net  It is not much of a professional web site,  I have been working part time with this project from Tokyo, and it's driving me crazy.
Shah jahan