Road Side Service

Hey Everbody!..Happy Holidays to all!
Listen, I've been to PR many times..My fam is originally
from Vieques but immigrated to NY in the 1970s while the US Navy was still bombing our MotherLand..thank
God they're no longer there but left devastation from over 50+ years of testing..I'm planning a move from Cali
to PR but I don't want to live in Vieques although it is a beautiful island the last time I was there. When I was driving in PR I noticed a AAA sign on one of the buildings..I am a member of AAA here in San Francisco
and whenever I have a problem with my vehicle I can always count on them to save the day!..My question
Is do the AAA in Puerto Rico offer the same Road Side
Service like from the mainland?..I talked to USA AAA reps but they weren't sure and couldn't answer because they only know about here in the mainland..They gave me a number and address there in PR..I called but nobody ever picks up the line..nothing new I know...okay no problem, on my next upcoming visit to PR in a few months I'll just ask in person at the office since i have the address but in the meantime if anybody seems to know about AAA providing/offering road side service
To its members like Changing a flat tire,  battery jump or even Towing..please let me know..that would be much appreciated!..Oh and if AAA PR doesn't provide Emergency Road Side Service, then who in PR does??
Thanks guys and Merry Christmas! 1Luv

There is a roadside service company. I have the information in my car, so I will post it later, maybe tomorrow. Two years ago I had a flat tire on a two-day-old brand new car, somewhere east of Ponce.  They came to my rescue.

My AAA road side service works in Pr and on the mainland. I  use it often to jump start my vehicles as I commute every 6 months mas o menos

:top:

That would be nice..I can check it out..thank you sooo
Much and Merry Christmas!

We decided to purchase extra car insurance (beyond what comes with the marbete) and road-side assistance was included.  Integrand-pr.com

CurlyGirl,

Can you add more information? What does it cost? How much does it covers?

I found one by Guardian, it's $100/yr and only covers up to $4K collision, no roadside service.

Thanks!!

Adlin, CurlyGirl is my wife so I can answer your question. :)

Our insurance from Integrand costs $180 a year for up to $300,000 in liability.  It cost an additional $40 a year to add road side assistance.  You'll probably get the best deal by going through an agent because they can get bids from multiple companies and then try to see if anyone can beat a competitor's quote.  I wrote about this on my blog (blackandgoldcoast.com) but just noticed that I left some important details out!

David

So that is liability, not coverage for damages to your car. Did you check into that?

davidtx,
Hello David, Jose here. Wow!! If only liability only still a great price. Your blog from link was exactly to the point.  Last year I dropped my full coverage or what is referred to as double insurance in PR. Cost me $505 liability, collision and glass plus $45 for roadside service through Seguros Multiples.  Roadside if I remember correctly was limited to 100miles towing from hometown. Charges will be due beyond 100mile roundtrip. Others roadside services no limits.  I really bought for towing needs as my vehicles are equipped with tools, air compressor, battery jumper, pulley & other helpful equipment. But amazed on liability amount for great price.. thanks for sharing..

My annual auto insurance which includes  liability and collision for a 2017 Toyota RAV IV  and my 2016 golf cart, is about $800. I have it through the same company that insures my home.
I have Connect Roadside Assistance  (website CRA.PR)  for about $45 a year.

Thank you again!..and Happy New Year!!!

Great info!..is Road Side Service available 24/7 weekends and holidays like how AAA is here in US
mainland??..and if I pay a little bit more annually than the basic coverage (they call it Premier member) then towing is free no charge up to 200 miles..I know there is AAA in PR and if anybody here knows someone who is a member (AAA in PR) if they do the same like on mainland?..then possibly I would just keep my current
AAA card..just 1 less thing to worry about.  :cool:

You do not need 200  miles coverage.   In Puerto Rico, if you drive more than 100 miles from where you live, you will need to inflate your life raft because you will be floating (or sinking) in salt water.  The island is just a little over 100 miles long.

Lol!!..No I already realized that.. it's just what I have here now in the States cuz I'll be going back n forth
and if I can use my AAA Road Side in both places
Then I won't have to do anything..just get car insurance..thanks again!..have a great day!!!