Close

Shipping a Financed Vehicle?

Trying to decide on what car to get. Anyone ever send a financed vehicle to PR? I could imagine sending a leased one would not be OK because you have to return the vehicle. But what about a financed car? I don't see why this would be a problem, but maybe it is? Anyone ever done this before?

Doubtful that you will be able to do this.  You would need the permission of the lender, and I'd be surprised if they would permit it.  If you were to default on the loan, they would have to repossess the car from PR -- an unwelcome prospect.

Talk to your bank if they are willing or not to give you clearance in writing. Likely not but it does not hurt to ask. Typically the shipper wants you to bring the car tittle but you do not get that until the car is payed up. I plan to pay off my car before I ship it.

Thanks for the info. I could also likely get a loan from a PR bank and buy the car here perhaps. I may just buy one cash though.

Depending on the timing of the purchase you may be able to get zero percent or some low low percentage. In that case why buy cash if no interest?

Expatriate health insurance in Puerto Rico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Puerto Rico

Moving to Puerto Rico

Find tips from professionals about moving to Puerto Rico

Travel insurance in Puerto Rico

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Puerto Rico

Flights to Puerto Rico

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Puerto Rico