English Schools in Marmaris

Hi Sue
I hope you are well.

I am moving to Marmaris to join my husband next year. The only one issue I have before I move is to find a suitable school for my 6 year old daughter. It has to be an English taught school as me and my daughter haven't learnt the Turkish language yet.

I'm a clinical pharmacist here in the UK and will be giving up my job to move to Marmaris .
I wonder if you can shed some light on this school issue I am having for my daughter please?

Very much appreciated
Kind regards
Akser

Hi Akser,

While you wait for Sue's answer, two prominent (and possibly the only) English schools in Marmaris are

Kenan Evren Marmaris College
Ozel Marmaris Ufuk Koleji

Apparently, KE College is extremely expensive, while Ufuk College is not completely 'English'.

From my experience in Turkey (not related with schools), you have to be extremely careful when a person/institution claims to be 'English speaking'. Majority of the people who would confidently claim that they speak English can barely comprehend or speak it further than 'Hi-how-are-you-my-name-is...'

The best bet would be to actually go and visit the institute yourself, request for a class visit, ask to speak with a few teachers, and then make a decision based on your experience.
Its the least one should do while investing in a child's future I guess.

Hopefully, you will get a point of view from some local as well which should be more helpful.
Good luck
Z

Akser wrote:

Hi Sue
I hope you are well.

I am moving to Marmaris to join my husband next year. The only one issue I have before I move is to find a suitable school for my 6 year old daughter. It has to be an English taught school as me and my daughter haven't learnt the Turkish language yet.

I'm a clinical pharmacist here in the UK and will be giving up my job to move to Marmaris .
I wonder if you can shed some light on this school issue I am having for my daughter please?

Very much appreciated
Kind regards
Akser

Hi Akser,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Turkey forum.

Thanks,

Priscilla   :cheers:

Thank you For your responses.
Me and my daughter are both very fluent in English.
I will try to contact these schools and see what the options are. I guess the other option would be home schooling for a few years under the uk curriculum .
Kind regards

No problem..
Hope you find best options.  : )

Z