Rowing

Hi! İs there anybody who knows rowing sport? Rowing in Istanbul. İs there any club were to do,if u are not turkish citizen!Like for self...
Any other information will be appreciated! THX!

Hi,
you can find rowing sports in asia side..
Club Galatasaray if you google rowing galatasaray sk.. you can find it.
thanks

Thx u for a answer! :)

your welcome..
Did you find any club yet?

Yes ı know clubs-but problem is how to aply there. Its not soo easy i think.

which clubs are?
it is easy to apply  but have to know some rules..
if u have messenger  i can help you..
[email protected] is my messenger..

You can be volunteer to help rowing for the people with disabilities at Sabanci University.If you need help, i can translate for you. I am plannig to be a volunteer too.

http://cip.sabanciuniv.edu/tr/engelsize … uregi.html

Thanks a lot! ARe u in rowing too?

Yes i do! But i haven t been rowing for a while and looking for a club like you. Also Fenerbahce has started a new course for adults. Just a new thing but little bit expensive. And there is another club called "Forza Rowing" in Halic. I don t know if they are still active. I m still looking like you. :) Are you rowing?

Hi vitule;

You can row in Golden Horn, just join this group: facebook.com/pages/K%C3%BCrek-Kul%C3%BCb%C3%BC-Rowing-Club-/201934456540993

or you can directly contact with Serkan Er facebook.com/serkane.er?sk=info he will help you.

Thank u very much!

Thank u for your interest!

You're welcome :)

Hi,

Here is the web site of Turkish rowing confederation where you can find the contact list of clubs (''Kuluplerimiz'' is the button) http://www.tkf.gov.tr
Bye.

Hey,

Similarly to the people above, I am also looking for coaching/training sessions in Istanbul for July and August, preferably not too far away from Şişli.

I have been rowing in Budapest, Hungary with the Danubius Rowing Club (dnhe.hu) since last September, in a coxed double scull (2x) and coxless quad scull (4x).

I have tried contacting a number of clubs via e-mail and asked a Turkish friend to call Galataseray, but I received no reply and Galataseray is apparently not taking in hobby rowers this year.

Do you have any alternative ideas? I am really missing my training and don't want to lose my place on my team back home. :S

Çok teşekkür ederim,

Gergely

Hello Gergely and welcome to Expat.com!

This post is dated 2011. :)

I invite you to start a new thread one on the Turkey forum for more visibility. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey Tamasig,

The clubs which we mentioned above are the still current opportunities for rowing. hope it helps.

Cheers.

Hey lullyfish,

Thanks for the reply, but I am afraid I am still rather stuck: Galataseray does not take hobby rowers this year, I cannot seem to locate contact information for Forza Rowing (their website is down), and I cannot get any information via either FB contact. Similarly, no luck with the Istanbul e-mail contacts on the Turkish Rowing Federation website. Getting kind of desperate, truth be told.

Gergely