Your best business development ideas in Turkey

Hi everyone,

As a foreign entrepreneur, launching a business in Turkey is a fantastic project and an exciting challenge. Some ideas are likely to succeed. Some others are promising but may not work as well as intended.

In your opinion, what kind of business or industry is likely to succeed in Turkey? What kind of industry or service currently unavailable or underdeveloped in the country would meet local needs?

On the other hand, what are the most common business types foreign entrepreneurs would be eager to launch in the country but with very little chance of success?

Thank you for your insights.
Priscilla

Economy is quite down here. No chance to run a restaurant or so. (At least where I live in Turkey, Antalya), hotels remain closed. People don't shop here, keep your eyes opened at the supermarket, I don't see some does groceries in normal style. Go to the bakery, there are big books, where the bakers write the debts for bred! for people can't pay.
The only thing that is SURE for running here is sportsbetting. These shops are less but ALWAYS full. People give their last money for that.
Or opening money exchange. Not for tourists, Turkish go there also.
These are the only things that STILL work here currently.
I don't live in a tourist area in Antalya, by the way, I live in a Turkish neighbourhood. One just has to keep ears and eyes opened to see.

Hallo

my name is Abdel, Canadian citizen( born in morocco ) we are thinking to move and live in antalya. do you mind sharing with us your experiences there. i am not sure what kind of business  we  will establish there ? by the way i was electrical  engineer in Germany and work actually in Calgary.

i speak English, french German and Moroccan, my wife is canadian

Abdel

antalya is a city attracts 30 percent of the tourists visiting Turkey.you may open a travel agency,a real estate office or a combination of both as you are a multi language speaker.plus there is a new law allows the foreigners to become a citizen of Turkey in case of investment or property purchase
we have some canadians living and having business arround
if you need assistance i may intrıduce you to those people already living in antalya

I am very happy to meet such nice people like you Kaces and other as Ariyai.

Could you please introduce me to those Canadian or other nationalities who are running business there in Antalya ?

From my side if you need to know anything from here or  need assistance please do not hesitate to ask me .

Regards

Thank u so much , but I don't know any one running a business there , sorry , actually , it's my first time there , but I can use your offer to help and ask u , is there any taxi or uber running late from oba, cause my flight will arrive late to Antalya, what kind of transportation can I use from the airport to take me to Alayna late after 12 am ??
Thank u so much

Hi Sherwat siery > you are off topic. Please start your own thread with your questions on the Turkey forum. The subject of this thread is Best business development ideas in Turkey.

Please start a new topic.

Thank you
Christine,
Expat.com