Close

Moving to Dallas

Hi,
My husband & I will  soon be moving from Sweden to Dallas. He will be working in Denton & his job will involve a fair bit of travel. I am terribly confused about where a good place to live would be. Our son is already in uni so it's just the two of us moving. I would ideally like to be in close proximity to shops & cafes etc. Basically where there are better chances of meeting people & making friends. At the same time I don't want the commute for my husband to be more than 30-40 mins each way. We would prefer condos to the hassle of house & garden... we have looked at condos in Frisco (closer to Little Elm) that are nice but they seem rather remotely placed. Also saw some places in Las colinas & Flower Mound (found it quite suburban) Uptown (Turtle creek) seemed nice but the commute in traffic would be really long.
I am quite confused, trying to strike a balance between a slightly more urban lifestyle and commute to office & airport.
Any advice from people who have lived in Dallas or are currently in the area would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Expatriate health insurance in Dallas

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dallas

Moving to Dallas

Find tips from professionals about moving to Dallas

Travel insurance in Dallas

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Dallas

Flights to Dallas

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Dallas