Assimilation into Dallas Life

Well we have been here for 6 months now and boy has it been busy. Our first Christmas in Plano was a blast and it snowed! It never does that apparently and this was of course all my kids wanted...their wish was granted!
Much moaning and groaning from the troops when it was time to begin the school year when back home they still would have had another 5 weeks of holidays, but off they went and of course my studies via distance ed at SCU commenced also.
We've had a weekend away to Vegas and Houston (rugby tournament) which have been fun, and have visited the Fort Worth Stockyards, JFK Museum and went to our first ever Ice Hockey Game at the American Airlines Centre to see the Dallas Stars play. We've been having so much fun and there is still so much to do.
School is nearly over, and kids can't wait. STAAR tests are done and exams begin tomorrow. But come Friday I have to contend with a new type of holidays...3 months of kids! Camps have been booked (Day Only at this stage), swimming lessons arranged & Football camp slotted in also (in prep for the new school year)so needless to say apart from being a chauffer most days everyone will be busy as will I still tackling study, assignments and an exam all over this 3 month break. Well that's it from me...all in all very happy we have done this.

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us nemo37! :)

Aurélie