Italian Citizen husband and American Wife trying to move to Malta.

Hello! My name is Alison. My husband is an Italian Citizen and I am an American! We want to move to malta but cant seems to find a real route of where to start. We need to know what visa we will need. Can we move without a job offer? Can he apply for residence if he gets a job offer during our 90 days allowed in the country? Would I then have to apply as a dependent or could I apply if I got a job offer?

Thank you for your help

As your husband is an EU citizen you can both come and live in Malta and apply for your eResidence card, no visa is necessary. When your husband applies he can use form J (self sufficiency) or A (employed/self-employed) and you use form F as a family member.
This link to the pinned post at the top of the forum page explains.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

One or two details have changed since it was written but most is still relevant.

Ray

Hello a.rampelotto :cheers:

Welcome to Expat.com

You may want to read articles related to visas and work from our Living in Malta guide to get more information to help in your expatriation project

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

i would also suggest sending an email to the relevent government department (identity malta) because its always beneficial to have it in writing because depending on who you get down there you might end up with 100 different interpretations of what and how to go about things, but as you are his wife, i dont see an issue as he is an EU citizen.
https://identitymalta.com/citizenships-expatriates/
[email protected]
most govt departments reply within 24 hours and its always good to have a name of someone who have dealt with there :)

You are joking IT2015 aren't !

Quote.
'Most govt departments reply within 24 hours and its always good to have a name of someone who have dealt with there'

Any reply at all is unusual and within 24 hours would be a miracle!

Even when the system with eResidence was that you had to email for an appointment we spent 3 months trying to get a reply - and nothing!
Fortunately they changed the system (and it still took another 5 months)

Ray

Perhaps if your email is in Maltese you get a reply quicker!

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Perhaps if your email is in Maltese you get a reply quicker!

Ray

I'm going to say that you might be right as i have a clearly Maltese last name.