Best ways to bring my Mexican girlfriend to Europe

Hi there,

First of all please let me explain my situation: I am a German passport holder living in the UK for some 4 years now.

Here in London I met my Mexican girlfriend who is working here as an Aupair until October. Then she goes back to Mexico,but we are currently looking for options to get a visa so we can stay together permanently.

Unfortunately the UK makes it very hard to get a visa for someone who isn't an engineer or doctor, so I think it will be close to impossible to stay here, although I really would love to continue living in London.

Germany is not really an option for me, I just don't want to go back after all these years.

For me being self employed as a graphic designer it is not an issue to relocate as I can work virtually anywhere with an Internet connection. However I would prefer to stay in the UK.

Any ideas what the best way is for her to get a visa?

If you want to "stay together permanently", why not get married?  That would probably facilitate the easiest way to get a visa, though marriage is far from easy :)

It is a bit early to talk about marriage after being together for less than a year.
Sure, long term that's the idea, but for the next 2-3 years I am looking for other options.

I think  for you problem solution is only married or she prégnant . Or she back in Mexico and she Apply again another visas for UK.

It's not easy this problem.

Good luck

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Advise on a move to Europe
By Donasix
Marrying an EU citizen and working in the UK...?
By Stephanie99
By drjenk

Expatriate health insurance in the European Union

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the European Union

Moving to the European Union

Find tips from professionals about moving to the European Union

Travel insurance in the European Union

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the European Union

Flights to the European Union

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the European Union