Extended Visa Help

I am assisting an older lady who already has the 90 day visa for her visits to her property in Italy.

She wants to apply for an Extended Visa. She has completed all the forms but she needs insurance as her current insurance doesn't cover it. Could any one recommend a provider. She is 83

All the insurance forms require a date for the trip. However she wants to be flexible on this, so what do we put in for the date? Do we put an annual start and end date?

She is only in the country at certain times of the year when shes not in Italy. How do we make an appointment at the embassy as appointments are not always available?

We are finding it so confusing and wondered if anyone could help with our questions!

For insurance, I am using an Italian company called Generali.  Dott. Andres Lopez Casaccia

Cell. +39 327 8246245

[link under review]

Generali Italia S.p.A. - Agenzia Generale di Bologna

Sede di Via Calzolerie, 2 - 40125 BOLOGNA

Tel.  +39 051 225754 - Fax  +39 051 236787

I probably would put an annual date starting from the day before she wants to travel, as that will be necessary for the visa.

As for the Italian Consulate appointment, there is information on their website as to where and how to apply for an appointment.  You'll have to keep searching, but it is there.