Business Visa Help?

Hello everyone,

I have recently joined this forum and I really appreciate all the help it provides.

I am from the UK and I intend to travel to Vietnam next month for business purposes. I have been informed by the Vietnamese embassy in the UK that I need a letter of invitation from a Vietnamese company for the business visa application. Does anyone have any experience in obtaining one of these?

I have contacted some companies in Vietnam but they say they are unable to provide the letter. I have also been quoted $140 from a tourist company for a 3 month multiple entry business visa however it clearly states on the Vietnamese Embassy website in the UK that I can only apply for a business visa through them?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

P.S. I may be required to establish a business entity once I am in Vietnam hence the reason why I need to obtain a business visa.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Many Thanks

Sward

The ubiquitous lies and scams from corrupt (non-existent) "visa" companies is a great introduction to Vietnam, its people and doing business here.

You are wanting to come here and start a business for yourself,is that correct?

Initially I will be acting as an independent foreign sales representative but to carry out such activities in Vietnam may require us to set up a company or partner with a local.

Get your company to set up a representative office here, its not that difficult.

http://www.vietrade.gov.vn/en/index.php … Itemid=190

To have a Business Visa (from Immigration Bureau), you will be requested to apply Work Permit (from Labour Department).
To have Work Permit, you have to apply list of following documents:
1. Criminal record (you can register in Viet Nam)
2. Certificate from the University or the equivalent document (notary and legalized docment)
3. Working experience: at least 03 years (confirmed by the your previous company, then you have to legalized that document to be use in Viet Nam)   
4 Healthy check (by the hospital in your country then you have to legalized that document to be use in Viet Nam) or get it from the international hospital in Viet Nam like "FV hospital"
5. Your picture: 4x6: 04 pictures

Hi everyone many thanks for all the advice.

Colinoscapee we had intended to set up a representative office however our company has not yet been trading for a year as we have only recently set it up.

At this stage we need advice on obtaining on the appropriate business visa for a UK citizen  which will allow us to:

- meet with companies in Vietnam to promote products for UK business clients

- set up a 100% foreign owned business or partnership

Any further information on this would be most helpful.

Also if we were to enter on a tourist visa is it possible to get it changed to a business visa while we are in the country?

If you have existing business partners here, they can provide you the required invitation letter.

If you do not, you will need to hire visa service company to provide you the invitation letter.

Converting from tourist to business, in country, is doubtful in my experience.

Getting a business invitation letter is a simple process. You will have to pay for letter and pay for the visa stamping.

I believe, no two visa experiences are alike or repeatable. Yours will be not be similar to mine, because there are many variables. Welcome to the processes of Vietnam.

oh yes, if you are a US citizen, certainly you can qualify, immediately, for a one year business visa - as I just had last night - easy for US passport holders because of recent new agreement between US and Vietnam.

Hi, to apply for business visa, you need a Vietnamese company to invite you. The company will submit a dossier to immigration department in Vietnam to apply for an immigration approval for you.

You then using such approval to apply for your visa in your country to enter Vietnam.

Tourist companies in Vietnam can help you to apply for business visa, you just need to clarify with them that you need a BUSINESS visa not tourist visa. From what I heard, business visa will be slightly more expensive than tourist visa.

This is not necessarily true. If you are a US citizen then just apply without any documentation or support or sponsorship - for one year multiple entry visa - This is new; it was just created through a recent visit and agreement with President Obama (but only for US citizens). I now have one - easy (received it in 2 days).

There's still a major difference between a tourist visa and a business visa even though both are one year multi-entry now.  With a business visa, you're able to obtain a Vietnam work permit, but with a tourist visa, you cannot unless you go through a few hoops.  Strict documentation requirements still exist to obtain a business visa.

ksr2x wrote:

Strict documentation requirements still exist to obtain a business visa.

What? A scan of your passport and a simple 1 page form for the business visa isn't "strict documentation"

Have you ever applied for one? I have. It's easy.

Zep--

For a business visa, the rules require you to obtain a sponsorship or letter from a company operating in Vietnam.  Even people above said the same thing.  And yes, I just obtained my category DN business visa, which required me to obtain a letter from a firm in Vietnam.

Perhaps but not for a US citizen

Right - it's easy for US citizens

ksr2x wrote:

For a business visa, the rules require you to obtain a sponsorship or letter from a company operating in Vietnam.  Even people above said the same thing.  And yes, I just obtained my category DN business visa, which required me to obtain a letter from a firm in Vietnam.

Still..so what about the sponsorship letter? Also easy. Any Visa Agent worth their salt can have one for you in a day or 2.

You make it sound like you're running through a gauntlet.

Now, I am from the USA, maybe it's easier for me. I don't know. Hell, I'm in Hanoi and my sponsor is some business in Saigon.

If you're looking to stay long term without the hassle of leaving and re-entering every 3 months, business visa is the way to go.

Zep--

You make it seem as if it's as easy as sending an email to someone and you'll instantly receive a business visa.  In my view, it's not that simple.  You're being presumptuous thinking that your situation should apply to everyone.

Hi sward654,

My tip for you is: DO NOT apply a business visa until you establish a company/join a company in Vietnam.

To answer one of your question: You can apply for business visa while you are in Vietnam, but you must exist the country (i.e: go to Cambodia) then come back and have it stamped.

The tip above came from my own experience:
Last year, I helped a Filipino acquaintance apply for one year working visa.
I got in touch with a visa agency in Hanoi because of this, and I do write about it tuongthitukhuyen.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/vietnam-working-visa-application/

From that process, I understand like this:
The visa agency find or connect with a company
(not sure if a real company, or just a company for visa purpose)
then process all documents of customers under name of that company.
The documents will assume that you are hired by that company to come to work.
(The one they used for my acquaintance is Dynapast Packaging Vietnam)

Wrong - it is just that easy and was (for me) but you must be a US citizen. The whole process took about 30 minutes. I cannot begin to suggest what it would be like if you have a passport from any other country.

A sponsorship letter is NOT required if you have a US citizenship passport. If you are a US citizen and have been told that you require a sponsorship letter (or a business visa) then I suggest that you change the agent that you have been working through.

I'm a US citizen.  My situation required me to get a business visa so that I can obtain a long-term work permit when I'm in Vietnam.  I'm working for a MNC that has operations there.  That's why I commented specifically on the business visa process.  I understand that the tourist visa does not require a letter, but that's not what I needed.

nor does the business visa (for one year) require a letter

The $450 price tag on a letter of approval for a 1 year business visa is absurd.  I've been quoted $60 for that within the past week.  http://i67.tinypic.com/2d2auz9.png

Instead of showing us what we know, Business Visa + Letter is $450.

Tell us something we don't know, Who's doing a Business Visa + Letter for $60?

I'm all for saving money.

Zep--

See my previous post about sihnaoukvile consulate.

Imm Police were very clear - u cannot apply for a work visa except if its the one who sponsored ur biz visa

so if u pay an agent to get a corrupt govt to get u a biz visa (OR CHANGE EMPLOYER) - u will not be able to transfer it into a work visa. u will have to exit the country , apply again with a work approval letter from the SAME company that u wish to get a work permit with

A Business Visa is not a Work Visa.

A Business Visa Sponsor is NOT agreeing to give you a job. They are merely sponsoring your visit to the country.

Why some of you keep trying to join the 2 types of Visas (Work/Business) into one is beyond me.

Zep--

A couple of posters above mentioned they needed biz visas to come here and apply for the work visa thus i pointed out the pitfall of using an agents biz visa

You are correct; that price is absurd; however, I paid half that price.

Zepo wrote:

A Business Visa Sponsor is NOT agreeing to give you a job. They are merely sponsoring your visit to the country.

Why some of you keep trying to join the 2 types of Visas (Work/Business) into one is beyond me.

Zep--

Because they both are classified as "DN"  Harpo.

Man...you guys are starting to get me confused and I've already been up and down this road.

There is no "Work" visa

There is a Business Visa.

Business Visa does not necessarily require working.

With a Business Visa you are eligible to apply for a Work Permit with a letter from the sponsoring company FOR that company.

Zep--

Teacher Mark wrote:
Zepo wrote:

Zep--

Because they both are classified as "DN"  Harpo.

Still waiting to hear where you are getting a $60 DN visa, Gummo. :)

Zep--

Zepo wrote:

Instead of showing us what we know...

I presume you know it all already, so kindly disregard anything that I post, as it's solely for the benefit of the less enlightened.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin (inventor of the extra-marital affair)

I just found out that they quoted me the price of a letter of approval for a tourist/DL visa.  They want an arm, a leg, 2 kidneys and a 'nad for a DN letter of approval.

To do a great right do a little wrong. - William Shakespeare (inventor of 23 stab wounds in the back)

Teacher Mark wrote:
Zepo wrote:

Instead of showing us what we know...

I presume you know it all already, so kindly disregard anything that I post, as it's solely for the benefit of the less enlightened.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin (inventor of the extra-marital affair)

I've seen many posts about incredible Visa deals on this board. Yet, no one posts the details. You now belong in that group of people. So, it's all BS in my mind until some proof is given.

Zep--

Teacher Mark wrote:

I just found out that they quoted me the price of a letter of approval for a tourist/DL visa.  They want an arm, a leg, 2 kidneys and a 'nad for a DN letter of approval.

To do a great right do a little wrong. - William Shakespeare (inventor of 23 stab wounds in the back)

And there you have it...

Zep--

Zepo wrote:

it's all BS in my mind

I'm sure your head's been packed with poo for quite some time now, so don't blame me if you're experiencing bouts of discomfort.

Zepo wrote:
Teacher Mark wrote:

And there you have it...

Zep--

You're Viet Kieu aren't you?

No. I'm a German/Irish American.

Zep--

I don't think we're allowed to post details of commercial businesses on this site, however, I am certain that if you contact my particular (well-advertised) visa agent then you would receive the same fee rate of which I paid which is most favorable as compared to what others are expressing here. However, you would need to contact me. privately, in order for me to give you the details. If you cannot then, well, the evidence remains with me.