Close

Business Visa Help?

Hello everyone,

I have recently joined this forum and I really appreciate all the help it provides.

I am from the UK and I intend to travel to Vietnam next month for business purposes. I have been informed by the Vietnamese embassy in the UK that I need a letter of invitation from a Vietnamese company for the business visa application. Does anyone have any experience in obtaining one of these?

I have contacted some companies in Vietnam but they say they are unable to provide the letter. I have also been quoted $140 from a tourist company for a 3 month multiple entry business visa however it clearly states on the Vietnamese Embassy website in the UK that I can only apply for a business visa through them?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

P.S. I may be required to establish a business entity once I am in Vietnam hence the reason why I need to obtain a business visa.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Many Thanks

Sward

The ubiquitous lies and scams from corrupt (non-existent) "visa" companies is a great introduction to Vietnam, its people and doing business here.

You are wanting to come here and start a business for yourself,is that correct?

Initially I will be acting as an independent foreign sales representative but to carry out such activities in Vietnam may require us to set up a company or partner with a local.

Get your company to set up a representative office here, its not that difficult.

http://www.vietrade.gov.vn/en/index.php … Itemid=190

To have a Business Visa (from Immigration Bureau), you will be requested to apply Work Permit (from Labour Department).
To have Work Permit, you have to apply list of following documents:
1. Criminal record (you can register in Viet Nam)
2. Certificate from the University or the equivalent document (notary and legalized docment)
3. Working experience: at least 03 years (confirmed by the your previous company, then you have to legalized that document to be use in Viet Nam)   
4 Healthy check (by the hospital in your country then you have to legalized that document to be use in Viet Nam) or get it from the international hospital in Viet Nam like "FV hospital"
5. Your picture: 4x6: 04 pictures

Hi everyone many thanks for all the advice.

Colinoscapee we had intended to set up a representative office however our company has not yet been trading for a year as we have only recently set it up.

At this stage we need advice on obtaining on the appropriate business visa for a UK citizen  which will allow us to:

- meet with companies in Vietnam to promote products for UK business clients

- set up a 100% foreign owned business or partnership

Any further information on this would be most helpful.

Also if we were to enter on a tourist visa is it possible to get it changed to a business visa while we are in the country?

If you have existing business partners here, they can provide you the required invitation letter.

If you do not, you will need to hire visa service company to provide you the invitation letter.

Converting from tourist to business, in country, is doubtful in my experience.

Getting a business invitation letter is a simple process. You will have to pay for letter and pay for the visa stamping.

I believe, no two visa experiences are alike or repeatable. Yours will be not be similar to mine, because there are many variables. Welcome to the processes of Vietnam.

oh yes, if you are a US citizen, certainly you can qualify, immediately, for a one year business visa - as I just had last night - easy for US passport holders because of recent new agreement between US and Vietnam.

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Nicolealex21
Vietnamese dual citizenship
By Nicolealex21
Creed27
My son is going to play ball in Saigon
By Creed27
scarnella
Student Visa
By scarnella
jtran15