Once u go asian, u wont go caucasian?

hey hey there
i m living in singapore since over a year already (or since already year in proper english ;) nevermind, i am originally from germany, lived for 3 years in spain and then moved to singapore. i never had issues making any friends, since i consider myself to be very open and extremly friendly of course :p haha no, but still, i find it also quite though here to find friends... i mean if u dont meet them in any club, uni or work, where then? sure singaporeans are somewhat like caucasians, or at least they try, but still with many of them i didnt really found a match YET. so, having said that, (although i didnt wanted to hang around with ang mo's, because i thought if i do that i could also stay in europe), but on the other hand... how great a place is always depends on the people...

so i wait here for u :p

i would be happy if some of u are as open as me and finally want to c singapore as a fun place.... life and work is serious enough.. so i hope to find some friends with whom i can relax as well....

and happy new year to u all :)

First, make me happy and consider me your friend....

You wouldn't believe if i tell you i couldn't make friend like we Caucasians have back home for 3 years! let alone one year...however it is individual, expat not very trusted friends locally, perhaps cause by some expat did something sometimes ago....every year thousands of expat come here and same population leaves the town.
that's also very true that there are people who caused damage to others! aka not good expats :)

Culture here forces that there is a catch for everything...even a friend without any expectation!

we only face surface of the people here ... you will not get bottom of the heart feelings...

contact me, i don't want to write here more...i can tell you what i advise :)

LOL I have no idea about bottom of the heart...
although I am a chinese foreigner from Canada and we speak our mind.
But many I get the feelings people tend to hold back as not to come off as offensive. Or rather I feel that the caucasians that I have met particularly guys to be too playful. (over the top) And that can come off as insincerity. you can pm me if you want a girl's take on things.

Naori,
  I couldn't agree more with you, I have some S'porean friends they say they always advise their children to be very careful with expat, not only caucasians ! :)
  as you said they are some playful guys or girls every where...
  unfortunately this word of generalization is very common sometimes here...

LOL I dun think its singaporean parents. I think its with everyone.
Never hear parent say "Don't talk to strangers?"

I think the more gullible you are the more you tend to shy away from strangers cause its hard for them to figure out who is good and who is bad. Avoid them and you don't have to go through the hassle.

yep... but there is a difference between being weird and having the balls!

Hi All...
I m thinking to stay in Singapore for a while, but yet am afraid..not able to make friends there.. I am not working in Singapore, I dont talk to strangers and obviously you cant go the clubs alone, and clubs are also..not very good place to starting to make real friend :) (if you know what I mean;))
I am from Jakarta, I think would be nice to have girl as friends there, or polite and decent guys would be ok too, but sometimes guys are too much flirting and yeap probably.. playful.
Dont know what else to say it on words hehe :P
Anyway, email me or pm me, might be there by the end of January. :)

let me know if u still would like to get a friend in SG :)

it's always good to have more and more friends :)

:))) I would love to make friends, I m working in Singapore and would be great to have a nice social circle :))
Cheers!

Wow. I guess I'm not alone. I used to think I could make friends here easily as compared back home. I'm almost 6 months here in Singapore and seeing some of you guys are already here for a year or more, it's quite a challenge.

I'm "re-starting" my new life here in Singapore and trying to be open because I'm originally shy and a homebody. I hope anyone here would like to hangout with me some time. I mean, I can't even go to a movie alone, or visit tourist spots like Universal Studios or the zoo. Zero. So, yeah if you're like me who wanted to go for those things and would just like to have a companion to go with. I'm here. I just hope you're a good person though. :):)

Heya all,

I love to make friends too... would like to try some new things and expand my circle as well... :D

Every place in the world has pros and cons depending on individual taste.  I had been in Singapore for more than 40 years and then move to Thailand.  I am now in Thailand for 15 years as an expat as well as local since I live with the locals and speak Thai.  When one is a foreigner in a foreign country, there are so much to learn, see, do and experience all.

There are big differences between going to foreign land to study, holiday or work.  When comes to work, then there are separation again such as work as missionary or work with a corporate company that you are sent there by your parent company or you start your own business there.

Do not be surprised that your own country men may treat you differently even if you are both expats there especially you are not with a big multi corporation and holding a high position.

Singapore has its pros and cons for expats and mixing friends but sad to say there are some bad eggs (singaporeans) who complain too much and make comparison of others with them.

So choose carefully who you wish to mix with regardless of nationality, skin colour or job profession.

Have fun.

I happen to stumble upon this website cos I am looking for avenues to look for housemates. Well to make friends you best have something to do in common. I can organize treks in nature reserves and paintball sessions. Who is on? Contact me. I am especially interested in paintball players. Ricardo 91729628