Dealing with homesickness in Papua New Guinea

Hello everyone,

Being an expat in Papua New Guinea can turn out to be a wonderful human, social or professional adventure... with potential moments of nostalgia and homesickness along the way.

What are your personal tips to prevent homesickness?

How do you deal with such feelings?

Are there shops or stores offering products from your home country in Papua New Guinea? Or maybe venues with music and ambiance from your homeland?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Thanks Priscilla!
Homesickness!
Maybe today homesickness will not be a big issue for me, I have been blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ with good opportunity like a good salary, housing, transport, and a family package,  i am here with my wife and hopefully with our son, dealing with home sickness I only need facebook, expat.com, google+, twitter, linked in, but of course I miss my country, parents, sister and nephew and nieces, the beaches and the traffics in Philippines, I have just told my friend in FB that i miss the Midnight Mass ( Simbang Gabi ) in PH every December. But of course, God is here to guide and to protect.
My personal tips coping Homesickness is to pray a lot, talked to your friends, chat in the internet, there is a new bowling lane in Lamana, me and my wife is planning to go, but of course we have to reserve first, swimming with friends in Laguna Hotel, playing basketball in Don Bosco, going to church every Sunday in don Bosco 2 mile, Dinner date in Bel Cibo ( Vision City ) we are planning to go back to Loloata but I think it is still under renovation.
Well, I hope this would help. Thanks!
God is good! God will make a way!