Road changes one ways - Nha Trang

I noticed yesterday that several major roads in Nha Trang have become one way streets now with army and police out to guide the changes. I'm thinking they should put up some one way signs at intersections to prevent some major accidents. The changes are a positive though and should makes things flow better and safer. If anyone can source a map of the changes and post here that would be great, cheers Panda.

a few signs are going up now, so much better and safer...also the traffic is flowing better

Copy and paste this article into google translate to read it in English

http://www.baokhanhhoa.com.vn/xa-hoi/20 … u-2447725/

thanks, they've put up some signs now which makes it easier, though in that web link you can see a sign that is a blue with the red stripe across it. I don't know what this means. I think after reading that article it might mean no stopping or parking for cars.

must admit even though the traffic flows better the one ways are a bit of a pain and pending where you are can mean having to go around large blocks to go back the other way...

I hope it helps too. This should be just temporary afterwards they will see how much it has helped and make some permanent changes.

There is a map:
nhatrangrenting.com/new-traffic-management-system-nha-trang/

thanks for the link, the only change which is not functional is Tran Quang Khai being one way towards Tue TInh. It means people living in the Tinh Tinh area (who want to for eg access the main city end of Hung Vuong st legally) have to cross Tran Phu twice (always heavy traffic) to make it into Biet Thu then left into Nguyen Thiet Thuat to finally get to the top of Hung Vuong. I think a lot of the traffic problems would be solved by making Nguyen Thiet Thuat and Hung Vuong 2 way streets between Biet Thu and Tran Quang Khai only and exclude all buses and cars from this area.

the one way road changes are annoying and can make it difficult to get to places (legally) in the city, For example from Tue Tinh you (legally) have to cross Tran Phu st twice to access Biet Thu for eg. I think they should just stick with 2 way streets and have a bus and or car free inner city zone (taxis are ok). very simple and would generate more walking traffic in the inner city which is good for business. the buses are what causes the inner city traffic jams.

Hey what 1 way streets I went down them the other day & people are already flying down them full speed in the opposite direction. If there not policed they won't work. I know this is expected as norm in a 2way street but 1 way?

2 September 2016

panda7 wrote:

a few signs are going up now, so much better and safer...also the traffic is flowing better

12 September 2016

panda7 wrote:

must admit even though the traffic flows better the one ways are a bit of a pain and pending where you are can mean having to go around large blocks to go back the other way...

29 October 2016

panda7 wrote:

the one way road changes are annoying and can make it difficult to get to places (legally) in the city, For example from Tue Tinh you (legally) have to cross Tran Phu st twice to access Biet Thu for eg. I think they should just stick with 2 way streets and have a bus and or car free inner city zone (taxis are ok). very simple and would generate more walking traffic in the inner city which is good for business. the buses are what causes the inner city traffic jams.

It is interesting how your opinion seemed to go from positive to cautious to negative over 60 days.  I wonder how you will feel in another 60.   :/

Your observation on the busses seems counterintuitive but may be correct.  About 10 years ago the busses went on strike in Honolulu and the city traffic got a lot better.  This was also when 50cc scooters became popular.