Malaysian looking for a job in Montpellier

I am a Malaysian currently in Shanghai, China as a Restaurant Manager. I am looking into expanding my career opportunity in Montpellier. Any opportunities or advices? Would require assistance in getting legal documents.

Thank you.

Hi Darrylsoh91,

Welcome on board  :)

Do you speak french ? Having the proper language skills will surely boost your chances of landing a job.

Find out more about job search in the following article : Find a job in France

All the best,

Hi Bhavna,

Thank you for the reply.

I do not speak the French language only basics. That is why I am looking into employment opportunities with part-time studies of the French language. Any advices or opportunities out there?

Hi Darrylsoh91,

I strongly recommend you grasp the language skills first, you will be needing it either for studies ( for the test to obtain your visa) or work for communication, sending cv and so on.

Since you are looking for a job as "Restaurant Manager", surely the tourism sector has more scope for you. You could send your spontaneous application to International companies/hotels for a job/work permit (the formalities are done by the prospective employer). Also, look for companies found in Malaysia or Shanghai who have a branch in France, you may get the chance to be an "expatriate employee". … rance.html

Try your luck on these websites – Work in France Forum – Jobs in France 
Pôle Emploi
Monster France
APEC – Emploi cadres
The Local

All the best,

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Canadian looking for work in Montpellier
By Crystalcbo
Thinking about moving to Montpellier
By Ali_P
Top hiring sectors in Montpellier
By Julien
serena lissiach
informations concernig life and job in Montpellier
By serena lissiach
Looking at moving to Montpellier
By Zoeking

Expatriate health insurance in Montpellier

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Montpellier

Moving to Montpellier

Find tips from professionals about moving to Montpellier

Travel insurance in Montpellier

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Montpellier

Flights to Montpellier

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Montpellier