Cost of Private Health Care and Health Insurance?

Hello,

Does anyone have any information about the cost of health insurance and health care for foreigners?

I am assuming foreigners moving to Montenegro would need to use the private system. is that correct? If so, does any one have general pricing information on private health insurance?  Also, any information on general costs of visiting a doctor and getting medicines would be great. Not looking for exact costs.. just rough estimate based on any experiences you all have.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Hi Ed and welcome on board  :)

Till members provide  you some infos, just to let you know that you can request a free quote from our partner here : Expatriate health insurance in Montenegro

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Ed

There are a few companies that provide private health insurance. We used Uniqa and it was about 300e per year or something like that. The year after we decided to go private as medicine here is very cheap. A doctor's visit is about 20 or 30e, medicine (the most expensive) up to 10e, most around 4-5.

If you need more help with Montenegro, let me know.
Tijana

Tijana

Thank you for that information. I think found the Montenegrin website for Uniqa. uniqa.me  Compared to the US, 300eu/year sounds reasonable. I understand your decision to self insure if the doctor's visits and medicines are reasonably priced.

Much appreciated. Are you Montenegrin?  Thanks again for the offer to answer questions.

Hi--the guestimate of 300e was 3 years ago so do check out Lovcen Osiguranje and Delta Generali because they offer the same but check their prices.

Yes, I'm originally Montenegrin but spent most of my life abroad so I guess you can say my heart has always been in Montenegro, yet my mind has been all over the place ;-)

Hi Tiana,

I heard that the health insurance (which is also a part of resedence permit) is not valid at private hospitals. Is that true? If yes where these health insurances ar valid; do you know that or is there any source to read?

Thanks in advance,
Zelce

The price for the insurance, Mone-tina, are about the same. And for this price is one o the best plans they have. Uniqa is a well-known health insurance here. Works really well.

Regarding the acceptance on private hospital, Zelce, it will depends on the health insurance you've contracted. Some of them works with the refund system: you pay the with cash and request a refund with them. In case you get a better one, like Uniqa, for example, it will work normally.

Hello,

Is Generali an accepted health insurance in Montenegro? What is the cost of refilling prescription medications? I know this depends on the medication, but I can get generic brands of common drugs. Any information would be helpful.

Hello,
I am searching for health insurance in Montenegro, too. Were you successful? Did you get any information on the cost of prescription medication refills? Any information would be appreciated.

All these prices above seem very low and seem to cover only outpatient costs. What about hospitalization for an emergency / serious illness? I got quotes of around Euro250 per month for 2 people.