Expand your social circle in South Korea

Hello everyone,

Moving to South Korea means leaving one's family and friends behind. Creating a circle of friends or joining an existing one should therefore be paramount in order to fight loneliness in your host country.

But how can one develop a social network in South Korea? Where and how to meet people there?

How easy is it to meet locals? What about cultural specificities?

Share your advice and experience!

Many thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Hello,

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to write some words about expand your social circle in south Korea. In my understanding, the social circle development depends on the person itself. Mostly people tries to find their native country fellows to make their social circle and for that reason they find blogs or facebook groups. They visit restaurants or cafe those related to their country and make their social circle. Some people are more social and they join some social groups or language exchange groups who are developing relations between people or want to help needy people like some shelter centers or orphanages. In my case, i joined different language exchange groups, social worker groups and make my social circle bigger and bigger, now i have very nice and good friends. Now my plan is to make my own social group to celebrate various events for foreigners, like their birthday or weddings etc where various community including Korean people participate and don't feel lonely in Korea.