I can try to help you out! :P

Hello people! how are you!? I am currently working in Gyeonggi-do as a product designer. I was born here and moved to states when I was 14 and lived there for 15 years and came back to Korea for a job. Even though I was in states for 15 years, I still know many places to visit and to have fun day/night in Seoul!

I am very busy sometimes but I would love to help people out whenever I can. Im sure the members here will help you find what you need but if you want to have an extra opinion, you can always shoot me an email at seokjunmin[at]gmail.com or send me a message!

Have fun in Korea!!

Jason

hello i like asia and like korea ve go there in last april and i ll like find job there and if u can help me or ve opportunity t find job i ll apreciate but i not yet speak korea i try to learn but i think more easy if i m in korea and if me can help u for whatever i ll do thanks

Hi! I was just wondering which places is it possible to work at if you are a foreign? I have thought a lot about studying Korean at the university in Denmark but I have no idea which job you can take after. Do you have any idea? :-)

Hey this is Sabrina from Tunisia can we be friends?

defre wrote:

hello i like asia and like korea ve go there in last april and i ll like find job there and if u can help me or ve opportunity t find job i ll apreciate but i not yet speak korea i try to learn but i think more easy if i m in korea and if me can help u for whatever i ll do thanks

Well, you really need to speak korean or at least you need to understand Korean that is like minimum!! requirement to work in Korea. If you speak like a native English speakers, that is great! but if you don't speak like native English speakers, you must learn Korean before you come to work in Korea.

The life in korea will be full of surprises if you learn Korean. But if you are not able to read, speak or listen korean, you are not going to be as happy as other expats who can.

Chieekeke

If you learn to write, speak, listen the basics of Korean, you can work in various fields. English teacher is the top #1 job choice for foreigners just because they don't need to speak Korean.

But if you are not interested in teaching job, you can also train yourself to be as a tour guide in Korea for foreigners.

Many Korean, who can speak English, are the guides for the foreign visitors. But since their accent isn't as good as native english speakers, many tourists miss out important facts or don't know what guides are talking about.

You can be creative on job searching but one thing you must be sure is that unless you learn Korean or speak standard English, the life in Korea won't be so much fun.

SabrinaPanda wrote:

Hey this is Sabrina from Tunisia can we be friends?

sure Sabrina

hello!!
My name is sellami nesrine and i'm algerian, lives in algeria, thank you for your desire to help people, that's so generous from you and i really appreciate it.
i'm 18 years old and i'm about graduating, i really can't stop thinking about studying there in korea because i adore korea so much, but i have a probleme, i couldn't find anyone to help me about that and i know it might be not easy for you to help me but i hope u will :) i'm lost, i don't know how can i be accepted in the korean university! and if there is any scholarship,and how much does it costs, is it expansive, because my famelly might not have the amount.
i really hope you can answer me and help me.
thank you a lot and goodbey.

Sellami Hadia Nesrine

my name is toba, i wish to come to south korea can u be of help, am a nigerian

ulquikura wrote:

hello!!
My name is sellami nesrine and i'm algerian, lives in algeria, thank you for your desire to help people, that's so generous from you and i really appreciate it.
i'm 18 years old and i'm about graduating, i really can't stop thinking about studying there in korea because i adore korea so much, but i have a probleme, i couldn't find anyone to help me about that and i know it might be not easy for you to help me but i hope u will :) i'm lost, i don't know how can i be accepted in the korean university! and if there is any scholarship,and how much does it costs, is it expansive, because my famelly might not have the amount.
i really hope you can answer me and help me.
thank you a lot and goodbey.

Sellami Hadia Nesrine

hello Sellami,

Don't worry about asking questions! I know I won't be able to solve everyone's problem(s) but at least I can share my experiences with people here whenever Im not so busy.

To tell you about Korean university, (sorry I went to a school in U.S.)

- There are few schools they teach students in English. I know KAIST(this university level is like MIT in U.S.)is the one. and Seoul University teach some classes in English.

Finding colleges teaching in English would not be extremely difficult. go find one school's website and call them. They will be able to guide you and give you information about schools that teach in English.

But IF!! you are willing to learn Korean, you should be prepared from your home country. After you become some what friendly with Koean, just take korean language classes at school in the first year and when you feel like you can study things in Korean, you can take real classes in Korean. That way you will be able to get a job in Korea (other than english teaching job) and be able to stay in there lol :P

-google "Korean Universities" you will see many lists of korean colleges-

- Tuition varies vaguely by colleges, I now if you become a citizen public colleges are like around $4,000 ~ $6,000 per year.

- I have seen private colleges go for $20,000 per year but I do not have an exact answer since I never went to a college in Korea but the rough range would be $8,000 ~ $15,000 per year.

- Scholarship... I don't know anything about this... getting scholarship usually means that you are a valuable or a talented student. If you have what it takes to be a talented student(high GPA, portfolio, skills etc,  you know what I mean), Im sure you can ask for it.

To all of you who are interested in going to Korea's college, you better learn the basic of Korean before you jump in~!

Dont expect Korean to speak english freely with you~! Even though they want to speak English, you might not understand what they are saying got it!? :P 

I hope you got what you were looking for~!

J

dear sir.

Thank you a lot for giving me all this informations, i really appreciate it :), and i'm very pleased to meet you :).

I hope i can make my dream come true by studying in korea :) and you really helped me a lot :) thnx.

If you need anything or any informations i would like to help you.

take care of your self and i hope that is a good friendship :D.

Nina

HI there.    I know I am practicing Korean at home and I love it.  I think it's interesting to learn.  I'm still basic though.

Hi JJm82! How've you been?  (Besides being busy); )

릴리

Jason,
  Hi! I've read your posts and you seem really nice. Thanks for being one of a kind. You know other people don't really bother nor care to share their opinion especially if it would help. Anyways, i hope u still would be able to find time to read my letter.
I'm from the Philippines and used to teach Koreans Online. Also worked for call centers here which caters to american customers. You see i'm really interested in putting up my own Online English School since i can see that there are so many koreans and Japanese now who study English Online and the Lessons are held thru skype. What i'm really looking for is someone who'll be interested in working with me, i mean i can't do this without a Korean counterpart, so i'm really looking for someone from there who'll be interested in this kind of job or if i may say business. My Korean counterpart would be in charge of acquiring students and i will provide the teachers..It's really been my dream to put up something like this but i don't know how i'd start since i don't know anyone from there.. I hope you can refer me to someone who'll be interested. Thank you so much for taking the time reading this letter.
Your opinion or ideas would really be appreciated.

[email protected]

Hi! Nice to know you. I sent you a personal email. Hope you can help me. Thanks.

toblo wrote:

my name is toba, i wish to come to south korea can u be of help, am a nigerian

What kind of help do you need?

I don't know much about getting VISA and obtaining greencard.

If you are asking about how to prepare to come to korea, you need to speak to the Korean Embassy in the country that you are currently staying in.

let me know what you need~! I might or might not be able to help you. :P

ulquikura wrote:

dear sir.

Thank you a lot for giving me all this informations, i really appreciate it :), and i'm very pleased to meet you :).

I hope i can make my dream come true by studying in korea :) and you really helped me a lot :) thnx.

If you need anything or any informations i would like to help you.

take care of your self and i hope that is a good friendship :D.

Nina

thanks nina, and no problem! I was once a student as well and worked really hard to get into a college. I know how you feel right now. You can always send me messages whenever you want. Lets just hope that I have answers for them lol

I wish you the best!

floresjhaz wrote:

Hi! Nice to know you. I sent you a personal email. Hope you can help me. Thanks.

yup! I replied~!

airam34 wrote:

Jason,
  Hi! I've read your posts and you seem really nice. Thanks for being one of a kind. You know other people don't really bother nor care to share their opinion especially if it would help. Anyways, i hope u still would be able to find time to read my letter.
I'm from the Philippines and used to teach Koreans Online. Also worked for call centers here which caters to american customers. You see i'm really interested in putting up my own Online English School since i can see that there are so many koreans and Japanese now who study English Online and the Lessons are held thru skype. What i'm really looking for is someone who'll be interested in working with me, i mean i can't do this without a Korean counterpart, so i'm really looking for someone from there who'll be interested in this kind of job or if i may say business. My Korean counterpart would be in charge of acquiring students and i will provide the teachers..It's really been my dream to put up something like this but i don't know how i'd start since i don't know anyone from there.. I hope you can refer me to someone who'll be interested. Thank you so much for taking the time reading this letter.
Your opinion or ideas would really be appreciated.

[email protected]

Hello, I read your email and sent you back with my opinions! Sorry for the late reply.

Just one thing! Skype gets laggy sometimes and if you don't have a stable high speed internation connection, you won't be able to have smooth conversation with students. That is my worry... Korea has fastest internet speed set up in the entire country. How about in Philippines?

Wow that sound great. I really want go Korea.  Maybe I need  you when I am in korea