Business in Kenya

Dears, i`m looking for making business in Kenya i have clothes and fashion business in Egypt ,is Kenya good for this business?? if i established company there can i stay there?

Hi Ahmed Gomaa,

I suggest you read the following article, you will get some useful information : Requirements for Foreigners to Live and Work in Kenya.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you for your replay ,but it seem little difficult to do business there, is there any resource about companies in kenya working in importing cloths,textile from egypt?so i can contact them

Maybe you could drop an advert in the Business partners in Kenya section of the website and see if you get any proposals/contacts.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to do business in Kenya and the difficulty is around the immigration rules.   Briefly:  you cannot legally work in any capacity on a single entry (tourist visa).  However, you should be able to register a company.  To trade though, you would either need to apply for a Class G Permit ($100,000 minimum capital required).  Alternatively, you partner up with a Kenyan business partner, but in doing so you would have to be a 'sleeping' partner, as you would not be permitted to work within your company here.

An alternative may be to see whether you could be a supplier of Egyptian products to the Kenyan market.  My wife has friends who are in the clothing/fashion business and they source their stuff from Dubai and Turkey, mainly.

thank you very much for your respond now i will working on exporting to Kenyan market