Planning for an extention of tourist visa

Hi im mary ! Im from Davao City Philippines but i am currently living here in fristla sweden near in boras or gothenborg using a tourist visa, i am in a relationship with a american swedish guy and were planning to get married but we dont have enough time to do that since my visa will expire on may 27, so we decided to apply for a extension of my stay and i got an appointment this coming Wednesday but i feel nervous because i dont know if they will denied or approved my application and did some research about what should i bring with me. Still i want to get more knowledge about it specially to those people who has an experience to extend their stay using a tourist visa or extending thier tourist visa then get married. Is it hard to apply or got an approval to extend a tourist visa ? How long should i wait for the result ? What did you guys bring with you ( documents) for you guys to got an approval ? You are also free to share your bad experience if you want .. Thanks i am just so nervous because i love my boyfriend and i want to marry him since we are just waiting for my cenomar to finalist our documents to get married here...

I'm not sure that's a valid reason to extend a tourist visa.  You probably should have applied for a fiance visa if marriage is your intention.

hej,im from davao also,i do hope u get extension,as what i did,and im glad to say i just got my residence visa yesterday..

Hi miss mariamilo!
Were you in a schengen visa and still in Sweden while you apply for an extension?
What did you do and what papers did you give to whom?...and when did you apply for an extension? How long did you wait?...

hej,janechael..i send you a message in your inbox i can explain to you what i did...thanks

in my case my husband is a danish man who work here in sweden,last october 1,2015 we arrived here in sweden and i applied my residence permit around 2nd week of december,den i got my decision may of 2016,while waiting for the decision,the migrationsverket gave me a paper that i can stay here while waiting for the decision,maybe u can do that also jane,im not sure if its applies for everyone situation,

Hej Miss mariamilo!
Do you mean that you applied for an extension while you're still in Sweden?...and while your schengen visa almost expires?

im not sure if they call it extension,before my schengen visa expires i applied my residence and they give me a paper that i can stay here while waiting for the reult

Ah I see. Good that it works in your case. Maybe they allow that now already. Because during my search/reading on the internet you are only allowed to stay in Sweden base on the number of days that was stated in your visa. And after that you have to get back to the country of your origin before you can apply a residence permit. That's what other friends of mine told me also (those Filipinas who had a Swedish partner which is base on their experience).
By the way I'm from CDO.

yeah,thats why i said i dont think it applies to everyone situation,my husband told me they allow it coz were married,i dont really know the reason but all of my friend is they go back in phil and applied for residence

Yes that's what most couples do especially the Filipina. But it's good that I know your story also. Hopefully everything will be fine if I apply my residence permit also. But for now I'm just waiting for my flight sched to Sweden next month. I'm just excited.

oh well,u need to be here before summer will be over😉

What i know and i have gone through.You need to go back to your country of origin and apply for resident permit.Waiting time is 14 to 20 months you can visit Sweden before your interview.But your not allowed in Sweden while the decision is taken.

Is it legal to stay while your case is processing? I know that you have to go back you your country till the decision is made

Guys I have the same problem is it really differ from sambo visa to marriage visa I mean if I got married to my bf in Sweden they will grant me a stay till they make up their mind ? I need help

mariamilo wrote:

in my case my husband is a danish man who work here in sweden,last october 1,2015 we arrived here in sweden and i applied my residence permit around 2nd week of december,den i got my decision may of 2016,while waiting for the decision,the migrationsverket gave me a paper that i can stay here while waiting for the decision,maybe u can do that also jane,im not sure if its applies for everyone situation,

Hi mariamilo,

So I have granted a stay while your case is processing I need you help pleas

Lily007 wrote:

What i know and i have gone through.You need to go back to your country of origin and apply for resident permit.Waiting time is 14 to 20 months you can visit Sweden before your interview.But your not allowed in Sweden while the decision is taken.

You mean you got married already to your bf and they asked you to go back you your country till they make the decision??

Monmonshe wrote:
Lily007 wrote:

You mean you got married already to your bf and they asked you to go back you your country till they make the decision??

Moving forward, please consolidate all of your thoughts/questions into one post please :)  It makes it easier for others to read the topic and respond. If you read the other topics regarding this subject, you'll find the answers to your questions I think.  Thanks.

Romaniac

Hi im planning to get a schengen to visit my boyfriend in sweden. What visa u applied for? Tourist or visit to boyfriend? Can i apply for extension after 6 months? Ive applied for a student permit too but havent gotten any news about my case. Can u tell me what happened?