Environmental protection in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

That is a very interesting question Kenjee. Though I believe that her efforts to implement these efforts are better than Jamaica's at the time, I believe that perhaps --almost 2 years after I have left there is greater improvement.

Here is my viewpoint in summary:
1, public transportation - I have never taken the bus and have only taken private taxis ; the roads are narrow, winding, extremely steep and the buses take pride in speeding and I have driven behind them and seen for a split second that the rear wheel is a weeee bit over the precipice --no thank you

2. Limited spaces of air conditioning - The island is hot , I am Caribbean and have worked in 12 such countries and lived in 4-- I have had my fill of heat. Many buidlings are not airconditioned and so I rate that as more responsible than Jamaica . The number of personal care suppliers that install and use the airconditioning unit was small in my time. Ozone layer protection seems to  be good.

3. Separation of garbage - I saw no evidence of that at the time

However see page 9-11 of this report
http://www.sids2014.org/content/documents/247SVG Rio 20 Final Report.pdf

I LOVE SVG !

Kenjee wrote:

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee