Environmental protection in Romania

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Romania?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Romania.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

There is very little evidence for recycling, here in Targu Mures I have seen several glass bottle, clothing and plastic banks, the latter overflowing and in a student block. There seems to be no large scale company who recycles here. On my travels to Brasov, there is a building with Romcycle painted on it though there seemed to be no activity. Along the road also a lot of house hold rubbish just dumped.

Hi My company in Bucharest will be doing Solar energy in Romania

CodgeP wrote:

There is very little evidence for recycling, here in Targu Mures I have seen several glass bottle, clothing and plastic banks, the latter overflowing and in a student block. There seems to be no large scale company who recycles here. On my travels to Brasov, there is a building with Romcycle painted on it though there seemed to be no activity. Along the road also a lot of house hold rubbish just dumped.

Like many things here, Romania is far far behind other countries when it comes to recycling.  What programs that are in place, are mismanaged and encumbered by bureaucracy.

Unfortunately, many people here don't value recycling, or even using garbage bins for that matter.  :(

There are programs for those that build energy efficient homes, and also the RABLA program for used cars, adding bonuses for those that buy new hybrid or electric cars.  Unfortunately, the costs and requirements are far beyond the reach of the average person here, so these programs are not as effective as they could be.

Romaniac

I'm sorry you are all wrong about recycling we have the Gypsies going through every garbage container here in Brasov from plastic bottles to your old clothing you toss out they are there.

Chefpjd1 wrote:

I'm sorry you are all wrong about recycling we have the Gypsies going through every garbage container here in Brasov from plastic bottles to your old clothing you toss out they are there.

We are all wrong?  :unsure How so?

Yes it's true what you say, but often they are recycling those plastic bottles or scrap metal or whatever for money.  It's not the recycling process as it should be, but it is recycling of sorts, call them middle men.  Unfortunately they leave all the other trash in the street also.

Romaniac

oh well we cant have it all can we  Ontario is the same