Fmm renewal

fmm expires after 180 days. can a new one be obtained by exiting mexico and immediately reentering ?

If you are at The mexican imigration office in talisman on The guatamalan border you can ask for another 180 days without leaving The country.That only goes on The mx guat border.

You Need exit from mexico and come back If your natonality is not restricted.

I got my third tourist visa at the talisman border last week,I did not leave The country.If you are at that particular office or ciudad hidalgo just ask for another 180 days,you dont have to leave The country if you dont want to.Pay your $350 pesos at The bank That is located inside The inm office and be on your way.

It doesn't hurt to ask.
"Can you issue me a new one now?" as you turn the old one in.
"¿Me puede emitir un nuevo FMM ahora?"
Best stick to English if you don't speak Spanish too well.

Exactly right Gudgrief,If you ask nicely they will give you one on the spot.This time The agent asked me If i was living in Mexico,I told her that I was and that my permanent address was in Coatzacoalcos.She had no problem with that at all.

Gudgrief;
Your replies and advise are always so on target! Your understanding of what is needed and where to go for help once having moved to Mexico is very helpful. All the "what if's" and "Buts" that many people ask are only due to their not thinking and using common sense. Mexico is a Beautiful country and I have found the people here Much more helpful and polite than the 58 years I spent in the States.
Looking forward to more of your thoughts on issues in the future.
Mike