Things to do after renting an apartment

Hi All,

I have recently finalized an apartment and will be moving in soon.

I just wanted to know if there is anything that I definitely need to look into after moving into the apartment.

My list is the following:

1. Change my address with the national register.
2. Change the water / electricity bill into my name
3. Change my doctor the new kommune.

Is there anything I am missing or I have it covered?

Tusen Takk! :)

changing your address with the post office is different from the national registry, so don't forget to do that!

and of course find out who your internet provider is. In some buildings the whole place is wired for one particular company so you have to get it from them.

Thank you ECS!  :)

If you have insurance with a bank, I think you might need to inform the bank to update your records.

4. Change girlfriend.

Hello also go to the bank and change all your details to your new address.  Perhaps notify the tax office also.  Good luck in your new place.  Go to IKEA for they have loads of stuff (decent) for cheap.

Have fun,
Nancy

bluejeanswomen wrote:

Hello also go to the bank and change all your details to your new address.  Perhaps notify the tax office also.  Good luck in your new place.  Go to IKEA for they have loads of stuff (decent) for cheap.

Have fun,
Nancy

Folkeregister= tax office. Updating with them will also update the bank's records as they get regular updates from the folkeregister. Actually I don't think I can even change my own address with the bank- it has to go through the folkeregister.

When I was living in Norway I had moved 3 times and all 3 times I changed the addresses with both my bank and tax office.  But you do what you think is right.  You don't want any bank details nor tax info going to the wrong hands.  Good luck!

Nancy

Thank you Nancy. I'll check with the bank ! Always good to double check anyways. My previous address is at a hotel apartment anyways so they'll keep my posts for a few months. Tusen takk!

Have a wonderful time and good luck.
Nancy

Lol ! I guess that could be one of the important things to do as well. Currently I want to change my football team because they are performing so bad in the Premier League.

when we moved, we thought that the bank will get the address from the national registry.. until we got a mail from the bank forwarded to the new address, but still addressed to the old one (i think my husband asked some service with posten where his mails coming to him at the old address should be forwarded to the new one, tho i dont know what its called)... so he had to contact the bank and let them know the address change... and Nancy is right, you wouldnt want your bank correspondence get in the wrong hands... its better be safe than sorry... ;)

and the insurance, i am not sure if he had that thru the bank... but i believe he had to update them to about the address change.. it was good that all his mails from the old address was forwarded to the new one, it lets us know which ones we needed updating...