Close

Anyone knows about the renewal of passport in Philippine embassy oslo?

Hello everyone 

Anyone have an idea how to process the renewal of passport in philippine embassy oslo?
I am worried that i can’t renew my passport because i haven’t report my marriage yet. I got married here in norway last year but i was lazy to report my marriage.  I didn’t change my last name and some told me that its not that necessary to report the marriage. My passport will expire soon and i am worried that they will not process my application just because i haven’t report my marriage yet.
I am still living here in norway with temporary residence permit and dont have any plan to travel out of the country.

kindly help me with my iquiry please.

thanks alot.

Hi Bhebhe,

I think it's not a problem.if you plan to renew passport... you can renew passport and report marriage at the same time...

I did it both at the same time. I got married November 2014 and I renewed my passport August 2015. What I did was just download all the forms and completed the requirements. I wasn't planning to change my last name yet because I was thinking of the conflict that might impact my PRC license, but when I got to the embassy in Oslo they even asked me if I want to change my last name to my husband's and I said yes.

Regarding your last name you can choose if you want to change it or not, it is really easy with skatteetaten if you want, as simple as changing your name in fb. And it will automatically reflect on your residence card at the udi portal when you renew.

Thank you very much stephy 😀

I called the embassy today and they said that my new passport and report of marriage certificate is ready to pick up 😀 i planned to go in th embassy tomorrow 😀

Thanks 😀

Bhebhe01 :

Thank you very much stephy 😀

I called the embassy today and they said that my new passport and report of marriage certificate is ready to pick up 😀 i planned to go in th embassy tomorrow 😀

Thanks 😀

Hi. How long did the renewal process/waiting time take? My friend is planning to renew hers from the embassy in Oslo as well. Thanks.

Hi. After 2 weeks i got my new pass.

Bhebhe01 :

Hi. After 2 weeks i got my new pass.

That's faster than I expected. Great. Thanks again!

Expatriate health insurance in Oslo

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Oslo

Moving to Oslo

Find tips from professionals about moving to Oslo

Travel insurance in Oslo

Enjoy stress-free travel to Oslo

Flights to Oslo

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Oslo

2 million members!

Watch later