Need help in obtaining Registro Civil documents in GTO.

Mission is to obtain my grandfather's birth record, we think he was born near Pueblo Nuevo or Abasolo? All of his records whe  he moved to the U.S.A. are missing? Need help from Expats to do research for me from Mexico. I have researched the two main Federal Depositorys in Mexico for records but I was told since he was born 12/12/1885 or 86 that their computer records do not go beyond 1888?

I was told if someone living in those areas to research each Registro Civil Office or call them to see if they can do it for me? I also reseached the Latter Days Saints Family Research Centers their records in some cases goes back to 1888/1900?s and not before then at this point. If I can get his birth record, I can become a dual citizenship thru my Mother, which makes it easier to become an expat. My grandfather's name is Guadalupe Murillo Rivas.  His father's name is Francisco Rivas, his mother's name is Maria Jesus Murillo. Any help will be most gratefull to me.

Phil

The first thing I would point out is this type of research, or any communication with the government here takes a lot of time and leg work. You have to physically be present to do most things here .

Some of the things I have done have taken weeks, but most took months, and many trips to government offices, long wait periods, getting a number and sitting, again, and again.

This is something you need to do yourself. Hiring a lawyer here may help, but this is a face to face country.

Thanks for response

Phil

I was talking with a friend here, and she asked why you would want duel  citizenship when you could just become a resident permanente, and have all the same rights except voting. That should be something to think about. It would likely be much less expensive and time consuming.

Why dual citizenship?  I've looked into it myself.
You get not only to vote but take part in politics.
Your acceptance as a part of the community may be greater if they know you are a citizen.
After 4 or 5 years residency, I'm not sure which (enough or more to get Residente Permanente,) the cost of the actual naturalization is nominal, $250 or less the last I read, though start to finish it might take a year.

As far as your US citizenship is concerned, there's no change.

If you enter and leave Mexico by land, there's no need to stop at Mexican Immigration.  Probably the same at airports.  The migracion counter appears to be the loneliest places in Mexico, so little used the nice folks there aren't sure what they are supposed to do.

Don't know why I keep misspelling Dual ( must be a psychological thing).
But Permanent status is obtainable without all the 4 year temporary business, if your income is high enough. That would cost aprox.  $278.00. Of course if your income does not qualify for a long term visa, seeking nationalization might be the only answer.

Don't forget the cost of finding the birth certificate from a grand parent born in the 1800's. That would not be cheap time, or money wise.

As for how people treat you, once I became permanent they said "you are Mexican now", and they treat me like a local, not a tourist. It's slightly different than when I was updating my visa every 6 months. I think it has more to do with time spent, and visa status, than naturalization.

There is a residence requirement for applying for citizenship no matter when you get Permanente status.  At least, that's what I read some time ago.  Not in addition but a total required before you apply for citizenship.