Iphone

Hey anyone using iphone in BJ?   what is the cheapest plan, and I heard that there's some sort of prepaid card for iphone and are they expensive, and where exactly i can get one?   thanks.

Forget iphone change to an Android.

have you already got an iphone? from China or abroad? if you want 3G ability you must get a China Unicom number, if you are okay with GPRS connection and Wifi then China mobile is also okay.

Maybe an iphone user can help you with your question if not then maybe an idea to pop down to the Apple store in The Village (Sanlitun) and ask there.

thx for your reply.   Yup I've already got an iphone, but not many places supporting Wifi in BJ (or maybe i'm wrong?) so it'd be better for me to hook it u with a plan or prepaid card or etc...so China Unicom would be the solution?  not China Mobile?  Oh well let me find it out... thx.  ;-)

As pointed out by Manlin, you can go with either China Mobile or China Unicom.

With China Mobile, you get a much better network coverage, but you'd have to put up with EDGE (2.5G) connection or GPRS (2G).

With China Unicom, you can also have 3G, but their network coverage is (very) bad and you pretty much have no signal on the subway. It works very well in Shanghai, but not in Beijing.

I decided to go with China Mobile for my iPhone, China Unicom for my iPad and another China Unicom for my Huawei MiFi (to get 3G as Mobile WiFi, just in case).

If by any chance you have iPhone 4 or iPad and you want to use China Mobile's SIM card, get a scissors and cut it yourself. It works...

If you are scared of cutting the SIM card I have seen adverts from someone who sells a special gadget to cut the cards. Have not used it and this is not a personal recommendation for his/her service but if you want I an try and find the Ad.

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help with a question I have about iPhones?

I have an iPhone 3GS which I bought this year in England. I have successfully unlocked the phone using O2's unlock service so that I can use it with a Chinese sim card. I bought a China Unicom sim and put in it the iPhone but it won't work. There is no signal and after a while the phone just says 'invalid sim'. I know it's not the sim card because it works when I put it in another (Chinese) mobile.

Do English/Foreign iPhones work in China? Has anyone had this problem before?

Pease advise.

Thanks!

Yes UK phones work in China.

My phone (Android) is also from London.

Are you sure that the phone has been unlocked?

If the SIM card works in other phones then obviously the SIM card is innocent. Using the same logic, have you tried someone else's iPhone SIM card in your phone?  If it still does not work then the your iPhone is guilty as charged of either being faulty (did it work in the UK) or not being unlocked.

Try taking it to the Apple store in Sanlitun or contacting the iPhone repairman.

This is not a personal recommendation for this service. I am not an iPhone user. His email is help (at) beijingiphonerepair (dot) com