Need assistance finding the perfect place in france to live

I want to go live in france. Im overwhelmed trying to find where.
Here are my requirements :

-Chic/ elegant small city, or village
-not too touristy, but with some night life.
- under 3 hours to paris
- i dont care about the weather
- culinary and wine experience
- healthy lifestyle

basically we love to be healthy by day, (hiking, biking etc), and eating and drinking at night in fine restaurants.

help! thanks

Welcome to the forum jenvest :)

I hope members will try to advise you accordingly by contributing to your discussion!

Regards

Hi - I don't know if this helps or not but the train from Paris to Marseille takes just over 3 hours - Avignon is under 3 hours - so you are looking at most of France apart from extreme west, and south east and south west.

Why not choose a few towns and look at their websites? Comparing house prices will help you decide which towns are chic. There will also be lots of info about healthy activities.

Many villages are not great on nightlife - restaurants yes but many, many bars close at 6pm. So I would go for a town.

I am an Indian and have stayed in Grenoble for 2 years.
I think this could be a good choice .By train it is 3.5 hrs from Paris ,in alpes mountains .Good restaurents ,and active night life Lot of adventure sports (mountains )and culture arts .Swiss towns and Italy are close by .
Hope this helps you
grenoble-tourisme.com
the official site of Grenoble tourism is above

regards ,
Dr Subodh

I lived in Grasse. Country living with markets and bike riding but close to the coast and very close to the airport.

Shawn Underwood
shawnunderwood.com