Moving to France

We are looking to move to France and would like some help choosing the right area :)

Our requirements are as follows;

I am an Interior designer and will be looking to work for a creative/interior design company

We would like to be close to the ski/snowboard resorts if possible with out isolating ourselves so much that our commute to work each day is too big

We love anything to do with the outdoors and would like to have the option to easily access these activities - somewhere close to the mountains and maybe not too far from the sea?

We would require good travel connections so that we can get back to the UK, within reasonable time and a good cost.

Close to a town / city.

Any advice would be great and if you have any experience of moving to France  - then be great to hear from you.

Thanks for your help x

Hello,

A very nice area is Lyon, Evian les Bains, Aix les Bains.
its one of the most wealthy area with work and also a very good place to enjoy the outdoor with a lot of sunshine and the lac Leman, also close to Lausanne ( 30 min by ferry).
Best Regards
Laurence

Hello,

I would suggest Marseille as well. This city is getting more beautiful every day and cheaper than Paris. Sea is in the city, and you can go skiing in South Alps for 2 hours driving. Good deal if you like nature, fresh air sea, sun and farniente !

Côte Basquehe services of an interior designer)...?
It can only be the Côte Basque..

In Alpes-Maritimes (Nice or above as Auron). Sea and skiing ;)

Thank you all for the kind advice  - We have lots of researching to do but some of those places look very beautiful and i am sure they could be perfect for us - some we would never have even thought about. Thanks again :) x

Hi,
You can go to Toulouse.A city between atlantic ocean and Pyrennes mountains.
It's a beautifull city close to both of yours interests.
Best regards.

But be careful, if you don't have still a job, you can't rent a flat, except if you can pay for several months.

Other thing, about your job. If you don't speak French, it will be hard to find job and customer in some areas.