Motor Insurance for ex pats in Spain

Hi Guys I have just managed to register my UK car in Spain after a very stressful time even with my Spanish partner doing all the paperwork and Hacienda and many trips backwards and forwards to Cartegena!!  Now I need to find a very competitive insurance companies for quotes on my right hand drive 2004 V6 Audi TT and abd am no spring chicken but the quotes I have had back through my partners insurance brokers are very very heigh for age of car and my age also I did have 7 years no claims with Sage back in the UK so if anybody can recommend anybody I would appreciate the help thanks

Liberty are often cheap. Brits like Línea Directa because they speak English. There are Price comparison sites like rastreador dot com. Balumba are usually dead cheap but they offer third party at first before an inspection if you want fully comp. You may have trouble getting fully comp anyway on an old car. I think it's Mutua Madrileña who are offering a free house insurance with your car insurance at the moment. Verti sound cheap on their ads.

British style brokers like Knight Insurance also exist. Again English or Spanish speaking. Watch out for the ones that are backed by Lloyds in the sense that there can be problems with building up your no claims history in Spain. Obviously your UK no claims years count for nothing here unless someone agrees to accept them as part of the selling insurance horse trading. If you do talk to, for instance, Knight then check that whatever they offer builds no claims.