Exporting UK cars to SPAIN

Hello,

I am really struggling to find out what it will cost me to import my cars to Spain, can anyone provide a phone number?

BMW 3 series 12 plate.
Co2 Band 3  CO2 emission (g/km)111-120 Annual £30.00

Ford S-Max Titanium
FORD  S-Max, 2008½ Model Year Onwards  2.0 Duratorq TDCi (140PS) (+ DPF) Diesel CO2 emission (g/km) 164 Band G

Can anyone give me a break down of costs or a number to call for advice in Spain

Hello,
try this: europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/national-contact-points/spain/index_en.htm#vehicles
There's also some information on that site on car registration and taxes (europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/registration/taxes/index_en.htm) and on formalities and documents (europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/registration/formalities/index_en.htm).

Hi

Would be best to look on line for English speaking companies in the area you will be living.  I have a couple but they are in Catalunia so not easy to get to if you want to go to their office for some reason.  Look up "English speaing matriculation in ***"  Should get you a few hits.

Hi

My previous message gives the cost except the import duty which depends on the value they put on your cars.  It is approx. 20% of the value but they have their own idea of values, so a matriculation company will help with that.

needs to be left hand drive ad they got their own price list in every municipality......its a pain

Scotishjohn, it does not have to be left hand drive.  You can matriculate a RHD with continental headlights installed or if the car has convertible headlights.  Its the headlights that are important not the side of the steering wheel.

E1,000 each near as dammit!

Hi everybody,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from this discussion.

Thank you,

Priscilla   :cheers:

I'm really confused now

My car is very Eco it's band b I pay £30 a year tax in the uk.
I haven't had it 6 months only 2 and someone said don't matriculate it until it's been in your name for 6 months.
Also I was told its 4% not 20%?

I was also told if you don't do the matriculation before 60 or 90 days the cost dramatically goes up? Huh

I don't want to hand back my bmw to bmw as they also need £2k for the deficit although I know they are screwing me over.

Can anyone give me a number to ring so I can get a final price once and for all? Bmw are valuing it at £16,000.00

My other option is to buy a ford focus I have seen in the uk but the description says it's been exported? But states it's Spanish plates... I was also told buying a car like this in the uk I would still need to get it matriculated? Lost! Please help I am looking to move out in 1 week and not sure what to do.

I would love to keep my bmw in one sense it also in another I would just prefer a lhd ?

Hi

I think you looked in the wrong place.  Here is a quote from an example on the internet.  "For my car a 2003 Merc ML270 cdi the tax would be 1,785 euros."    This was for a four year old car and was in 2007.  The cost has not gone down, as it goes by the Spanish purchase value not the value you paid in England.  Look on Ebay for Spanish registered RHD cars and check out the cost for cars being sold in Spain then compare with the same car being sold in England.

Something I have been forgetting is that as well as continental headlights you need two fog lights if your car only has one.

As I said before you are best off looking on line for "English speaking matriculation company" or perhaps "English speaking gestor in (your area)

Lastly the emmissions are for the IVT (MOT) so you have an advantage there.  But they do not have anything to do with the cost of the import tax.

As I understand the cost vary from region to region,

This may help a bit

Mrupnorth wrote:

Hello,

I am really struggling to find out what it will cost me to import my cars to Spain, can anyone provide a phone number?

BMW 3 series 12 plate.
Co2 Band 3  CO2 emission (g/km)111-120 Annual £30.00

Ford S-Max Titanium
FORD  S-Max, 2008½ Model Year Onwards  2.0 Duratorq TDCi (140PS) (+ DPF) Diesel CO2 emission (g/km) 164 Band G

Can anyone give me a break down of costs or a number to call for advice in Spain