I will be arriving in VN in a few months for 2 reasons

1  To tour the country

2  To purchase USA military vehicles for export to Australia

Any help in the Purchase of vehicles for export would be greatfull

The areas of help looking for are

A  Best locations of vehicles

B  VN documentation required for export to Australia

C  Ideal export agent in VN

D  Best port of export ( I had planned on export out of Vung Tau )

E  Are their any hidden areas I should look out for in transactions ie paper trails

I have planed on basing myself in Vung Tau for the purpose of all transactions and had planed on exporting out of that city

Any assistance would be greatfully received

Thanks for any and all advice on the subject

All have a great 2016

Regards Fitzie 18

Clause B may not be easy with VN officials.

There are very few US military vehicles left over from the war remaining on the road in VN. They are past their use-by date. I see them being cut up for scrap in a local business.   There are some very new looking US military jeeps around, but you'll have to get the right contact to find a source for them.  You could try at the Ettah Pub near the ferry terminal in Vung Tau for a start. It is popular with expats

Decent running old US Military vehicles are now a prized possession of the "my other Car is a Bentley crowd." Some non running fixer-uppers are still hanging around and can be bought quite cheaply.

Viet Nam has expensive and extensive mandatory inspections every six months for cars, buses and trucks. So a lot of nice vehicles have been scrapped. Trucks and buses have had a mandatory scrap requirement after 20 years for quite some time. So larger vehicles, if their are any, would be Surplus Yard only as replacements are purchased for the VN Military. I haven't been their in a couple of years but the VN Government Surplus Vehicle Yard is a good place to look. You will need the assistance of someone who knows the people.

Right now, I am spending full time attending my gravely ill "child bride" of 42 years. I am unable to personally assist you. But I have a Vietnamese friend who teaches auto repair who may be able to break loose for a day or two and give you a hand.

Old Military vehicles have gotten fairly rare over the last few years as the VN government has acquired new vehicles and mostly scrapped them.

A couple years ago, I bought a fixer upper Jeep CJ-5 for about $2,500 USD. A decently restored military Jeep or M-151 was running around $20,000 USD. I've no idea as to current prices.

Sam

Thanks for the quite reply looks like I may have some work to do when I arrive
Again thanks
fitzie18

Ah ok thought their wold be hassles along the line prior info always important plus local knowledge
Thanks for the reply
fitzie18

Thanks for the reply pubs are always a good place for local knowledge will check it out when I arrive in April
Thanks again
Fitzie18

Thanks for info will check the sight out
Thanks again
fitzie18

Thanks Sam sorry to hear about the bride hope she gets well soon
Also thanks for the info  the state of the vehicle is of some importance just as long as its complete and repairable as I had intended to try and get some salvageable wrecks for spare parts if I can
Will take on board all you have said
I will be arriving in April this year
thank again any help is great to make the task simpler local knowledge is always the best
thank all the best for the misses
Fitzie 18