97 views, and only 1 reply.

Hello, thanks for checking my post. I have recently become engaged to a wonderful woman, who lives and works in The Hague. We have decided that I should move there, and am very excited, but yet overwhelmed with what to do next. I have been scouring the net for employment prospects, but I'm just not sure I'm looking in the right spots. If anyone can please help with any ideas, or know of who is hiring, it would be great. In addition some thoughts on what I need to do to jump start my new life there with my fiancé. I realize this is alot for one blog, but I'm really excited. Thank you for your time, I look forward to the replies.

Congrats on your move, it is a big decision.  If you are conversant in the Dutch Language then finding employment will be very easy for you.  I would suggest signing up to as many employment agencys as possible, upload your Cv to Monster.com and network as much as possible.  If you have diplomas or other academic qualifications these will help your prospects.

Hope this helps

Hi!

Well, a couple of years ago after I graduated, I just packed my bags and went to Spain, where I then stayed for over 4 years. Obviously it was much easier for me than coming to the NL for you is, since I stayed in the EU. Just know that in the beginning you will be overwhelmed, but for sure you will also be excited and inspired living in a new country with your fiancé! The start will be a bit difficult maybe, but youŽll see when after a couple of months you actually know people and you know your way around in The Hague, you'll be fine! The Hague is after all a very international city.

As for jobs, just go to every job agency and leave your CV. Or upload your CV on to nationalevacaturebank.nl or monsterboard.nl

So, good luck, enjoy your stay here in the NL and welcome :)

Hello M.Harris,

Your topic has been moved to the The Hague forum for a better and more accurate visibility.

Hope you get many more replies to you message.

Cheers
Arlette

Thank you all so much for your advice. I have sent my CV to a few of the job boards, but It makes me feel a bit uneasy, not knowing if anyone is looking or not. Im sure it will all workout. If anyone has a friend of a friend of a friend, who might know of someone hiring, Please let me know. Meanwhile, I continue my lessons of the Dutch language, thanks in part by Rosetta Stone. Take care everyone.