Rent apartment

Hallo guten tag !
I am looking for apartment in Disldorf from 250€ - 400€ for contact number : ***
THANKS FOR YOU TIME

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Kamil_81,

Please feel free to post your housing search in the Housing in Düsseldorf section. It is the most appropriate section for your search.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Dear Priscilla,
Is it possible to rent a house in Germany for a family even if the income is from abroad?
I have an intention to bring my family first, 5 kids below 7 years old, and my wife and join them later in 6 to 12 months.
The reason of doing this is that I want to have secure source of income which is my country where I am working as a  physician. We are all EU citizens.
Kind regards

Priscilla is part of the forum team and lives in Mauritius. Therefore I will answer your question instead:

Whether a German landlord rents out an apartment to you, and what kind of financial guarantees he/she wants for it, is entirely up to him/her.
But most landlords of course prefer to avoid risk and thus would prefer somebody with proven an stable income within the country.
Dpending on how flexible the landlord is - and how many other candidates he/she can find in the town you want to live - it might be possiblke to negotiate here. For example, you could offer to pre-pay the rent for a certain period (6 months, o a year) to alleviate the worries.
(Please note that many landlords also dislike families with many kids - so having FIVE of them puts you in a disadvantage. You also need a fairly big apartment that will cost a lot.)